QSI, Kelly, you asked, "What is it you want to know?"

kjlovesya

Kelly, you asked.

  I answered, "  I want to know when QSI is going to live up to it's promises.   On this very forum, those of us who appreciate the design and operational characteristics of the Titan decoder were told that upgrades would be coming soon.   That was years ago.

Specifically mentioned decoder upgrades include:

Working, variable Dynamic brake

Playable whistle/horn

Additional variations of prime mover sounds representing various numbers of cylinders and (full scale optional) exhaust spark arrestors plus Tier 3 and Tier 4 changes in exhaust sounds.  (Contrary to Josh's opinion, an idling GE dash nine does not sound just like a Tier 4)

Smaller (physical) size decoder

'Working power braking' where the full scale practice of using some train brake while using the throttle (avoiding coupler run-out: for smooth passenger braking and with long freights on variable (un)level terrain).

adding a Front Headlight dimmer and Rear Headlight dimmer to the 'multiple lights' function (allowing the ditch lights to be extinguished and the headlight dim simultaneously - like the full scale).

Additionally, as mentioned above about the QSI programmer.  The device drivers (what a pain in the patootie).  I still cannot get them to work on a Windows 7 pro laptop computer  with no help from QSI.   I'm still relying an old XP desktop to load sound files.

Smaller decoder with 21 pin connector plus additional pigtail wires as required.  (perhaps the pigtails could be an optional connector).

Built in Stay alive type device would be nice.

  There have been other items discussed, but the main issue is when will we see progress that is useful to aftermarket consumers?"

 Why are you not replying?

kelly dorf

KJ,

Without going into detail, I can tell you what the primary focus QSI is working on:   Speed control and Braking.
We also continue to support our customers with sales and service. As you know, we are doing our best to honor broken promises left behind from QSIS.
We appreciate your enthusiasm and support.

Kelly

kjlovesya

Hi Kelly,

  Thank you for your reply.   You have demonstrated a commitment to customer service and that's appreciated.  Though I'm still waiting for help in installing the drivers for the programmer in a Windows 7 professional ops system.   I have asked for help, but didn't even receive acknowledgement of the email and posts.

  None-the-less, in the technical game, 10 years is not uncommon for complete, dinosaur extinction like obsolescence.   Frankly, the Titan is getting a little long in the tooth.   Certainly the lack of upgrades / new sound sets and complete lack of retail distribution are stumbling blocks to increased sales.

How many people does QSI employ?

KJ

Frank Brehm <ffbrehm@...>

KJ,

Follow this link to get the documentation to install the programmer software. Just follow the guide, it works.

Frank Brehm

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 3:02 PM kjlovesya@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Hi Kelly,

  Thank you for your reply.   You have demonstrated a commitment to customer service and that's appreciated.  Though I'm still waiting for help in installing the drivers for the programmer in a Windows 7 professional ops system.   I have asked for help, but didn't even receive acknowledgement of the email and posts.

  None-the-less, in the technical game, 10 years is not uncommon for complete, dinosaur extinction like obsolescence.   Frankly, the Titan is getting a little long in the tooth.   Certainly the lack of upgrades / new sound sets and complete lack of retail distribution are stumbling blocks to increased sales.

How many people does QSI employ?

Hi Frank,

  Thank you for your offer of help.   Though you included no actual link to follow, I have tried following all of the official instructions to the letter.

   Mine is a unique case in that this Windows 7 professional ops system requires installation similar to the technique used in Windows 10.   However, being Windows 7 professional, it doesn't seem to allow drivers that are unsigned (in other words, drivers that did not pay a fee to Microsoft for their 'approval'), even when the 'Allow unsigned drivers' technique is used.   The Windows 7 professional operating system simply refuses to allow the user to install this particular unsigned driver.

mike brady

Kj, mine is also a pro 7
l had to override the warning and it loaded the driver,  regards.  Mike

Sent from my MetroPCS 4G LTE Android Device

  Thank you for your offer of help.   Though you included no actual link to follow, I have tried following all of the official instructions to the letter.

   Mine is a unique case in that this Windows 7 professional ops system requires installation similar to the technique used in Windows 10.   However, being Windows 7 professional, it doesn't seem to allow drivers that are unsigned (in other words, drivers that did not pay a fee to Microsoft for their 'approval'), even when the 'Allow unsigned drivers' technique is used.   The Windows 7 professional operating system simply refuses to allow the user to install this particular unsigned driver.

Lou

KJ,

I had the programmer fine on Win7Pro 64 bit. I used the original Win7 version of the driver. I also had to make a change in the setup so I could use the programmer with JMRI so I used the serial port for that connection. It took quite a while to get the Win10 drivers working on my Win10 machine and it seems that every major update killed it and I had to start over again. I would see if I could find a Win 7 driver for that machine.

Lou

  Thank you for your offer of help.   Though you included no actual link to follow, I have tried following all of the official instructions to the letter.

   Mine is a unique case in that this Windows 7 professional ops system requires installation similar to the technique used in Windows 10.   However, being Windows 7 professional, it doesn't seem to allow drivers that are unsigned (in other words, drivers that did not pay a fee to Microsoft for their 'approval'), even when the 'Allow unsigned drivers' technique is used.   The Windows 7 professional operating system simply refuses to allow the user to install this particular unsigned driver.

Eugene Azzopardi <EugsStation@...>

I had a similar problem with Win 7 Pro. I eventually found that I had to manually remove all traces of the driver before attempting a reinstall. There was a folder for the driver that had to be removed manually, the folder was actually empty, but once it was removed the new driver would  install ok. When an upgrade for Win 7 Pro was installed the driver stopped working again. Once again I had to manually remove this empty folder after uninstalling the driver in the normal manor before I could reinstall the driver. It will work on Win 7 Pro.  This was a long time ago and I cannot remember the exact details as to folder location etc.  These days I run a Win 10 machine and in general have had no issues.

Cheers.............Eugene

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 1:23 AM kjlovesya@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Hi Frank,

  Thank you for your offer of help.   Though you included no actual link to follow, I have tried following all of the official instructions to the letter.

   Mine is a unique case in that this Windows 7 professional ops system requires installation similar to the technique used in Windows 10.   However, being Windows 7 professional, it doesn't seem to allow drivers that are unsigned (in other words, drivers that did not pay a fee to Microsoft for their 'approval'), even when the 'Allow unsigned drivers' technique is used.   The Windows 7 professional operating system simply refuses to allow the user to install this particular unsigned driver.

Hello all,

  Thank you for your Win 7 Pro driver installation suggestions.   I had tried most of the above, downloading and installing fresh copies of the correct driver.

  I have not tried to remove empty folders.   I will give this a try.   Thanks again!

Hello all,

  Concerning the ongoing Silabs driver installation issue, fail!

  I tried what Eugene suggested and deleted the empty folder.   I went through all the installation procedures and got the same result.   The installation program crashed.

  I have a question for the group.   Before installing QSI, I had previously installed JMRI and it's associated Silabs 7.6.7 driver.   Would the presence of the JMRI driver affect the installation process of the QSI Silab 3.2  driver?

KJ

Lou

KJ,

I don’t know what that hidden folder is; however, I removed everything I could find for the driver. I searched all my drives for SiLabs, QSI and VCP. I searched the registry for the same and removed those entries. Then I used CCleaner registry clean and found a few more things to delete. I rebooted after each change. I also deleted both QSI programs.

I tried installing the 7.6 and 7.6.7 driver package. Each one said they were installing and the screens looked as they should. However, the “installing” box closed in about 2 seconds and said it was complete. Still didn’t work.

I remember a long time back that there was a change that needed to be done in the install ,inf file. A 4 digit number needed to be replaced in a few locations. That solved the problem and also installed the virtual port that let JMRI work with the programmer on a serial port. I found the information in a message on the group but have not been able to find it again. It happened about the time QSIS posted the new drivers. I posted a message that I had used the changer .inf file and received a response from Josh that said I didn’t need to do it. However, it all failed until I made the change.

It used to be so nice using my laptop with the QSI programmer. I hope I can get back to that again.

Lou

  Concerning the ongoing Silabs driver installation issue, fail!

  I tried what Eugene suggested and deleted the empty folder.   I went through all the installation procedures and got the same result.   The installation program crashed.

  I have a question for the group.   Before installing QSI, I had previously installed JMRI and it's associated Silabs 7.6.7 driver.   Would the presence of the JMRI driver affect the installation process of the QSI Silab 3.2  driver?

I hear you Lou.   Let me know if you ever find more information on that .inf file.

KJ