Topics

Q2FX 'stuck' in reset

christophermcrane

I'm having an issue where a decoder appears to be stuck in reset mode. I recently retrieved decoder CV data from a Q2FX decoder (7022 hardware) using the Q programmer, and created a new file from that.
The next day I went to retrieve data again from that decoder. The programmer kept giving the 'no I.D. found, CV1' error message. After several failed attempts to read, I reset the decoder using the magnet and reed switch.
The decoder functions properly, motor control and sounds. No lighting is yet connected. Powering up on the main the decoder spoke 'reset' and became active. I changed the addresses and a couple sound features.
The next time it gets power on the main, the decoder reverts to 'reset', the address is back to default 3 as are the sound feature I modified. I again made CV changes and each time after the power is off it reverts to default.
The last attempt to clear it up the reed switch was disconnected and a reset was made through CV editing.

I've been using QSI for years and never had this happen. Any ideas what the issue may be?

kelly dorf

It sounds like your reed switch is broken, and is stuck in always closed mode.

Kelly

christophermcrane

even after disconnecting the reed switch off the decoder? I still have the same result.

kelly dorf

You can always send it to me for repair or test.   Respond to qsindustries224@...

Kelly

John Burkhardt

Hi Kelly,

This answers a question I posed to you back in 08.18 – to what address?

Thanks and regards,

John Burkhardt

South Africa

where the sun always shines,