Topics

Microsoft Windows 10 update tanks Quantum Programmer

Dan Howard

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this yet (or has a fix/workaround).

When trying to use the Quantum programmer on my Windows 10 machine, I get an error window titled, "SiLabs USB Driver 3.2 Not Installed" with the error message, "QuantumUpgrade may not work properly with the installed SiLabs USB Driver version 0.0.0.0"

The program starts properly, then if you select "Locomotive Information", you get a Communications Error message that states, "Cannot establish a connection to the Quantum Programmer.

So...thinking I could just download & reinstall the driver, when I try to launch the install file, a "User Account Control" window pops up stating:

"This app has been blocked for your protection.  An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.  For more information contact the administrator.
QP_USBXp_Installer.exe

Publisher: Unknown
File origin: Hard drive on this computer
Program location: "<directory and name of file>"

I tried running the program as an administrator, booting to allow an unknown publisher (as listed in the instructions), and even running the program as an administrator via a command prompt window all to no avail.

Has anyone else come across and resolved this issue?

-Dan Howard

kelly dorf

Hi Dan,
This has been an ongoing issue with windows 10, and many of us have fought this and gone round and round. I finally solved this issue by buying a windows7 laptop on ebay.
Cost me $65.00 and it works perfectly. So now I have a dedicated QSI laptop I can take anywhere.
If anyone else has more tips or solutions, please chip in.
Kelly
QSI

Ed.Sauers

Dan,

In order to install the Si Labs driver you must 1st restart your machine by holding the"shift" key depressed to set it to allow you to install an unsigned driver. Best if you google "windows unsigned drivers installation" and get the complete procedure to accomplish this.

Ed Sauers

On 4/15/2020 5:51 PM, Dan Howard via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Ed - thank you and yes, already tried this method.

Kelly - thank you.  My wife just purchased a new laptop.  When she is absolutely done with the old one, will try to "downgrade" the machine to an earlier version of Win10 by removing upgrades and see if that will work.

-Dan

Bob

I use Windows 10 laptop and every time a major update is done I have to reinstall the driver. I follow the instructions that Josh had on his website and never had a problem. I’m on my second windows 10 laptop right now.
Bob Cochran

On Apr 15, 2020, at 6:25 PM, Dan Howard via groups.io <stm5468@...> wrote:

Ed - thank you and yes, already tried this method.

Kelly - thank you.  My wife just purchased a new laptop.  When she is absolutely done with the old one, will try to "downgrade" the machine to an earlier version of Win10 by removing upgrades and see if that will work.

-Dan

Bob

Go to this web page click on HO sound set then click on manuals then find the one for the programmer it’s the second listed and the near end there is instructions for windows 10. This what I follow and as said before never had a problem installing them.   https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/160rqzGv9KTPXmoFxgmY1sVKH_Oo_MHnp

Bob Cochran

Sent from Mail for Windows 10