Topics

#LastOfYahoo Re: Driver modifications for Quantum Programmer #LastOfYahoo

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

last of the thread:  Driver modifications for Quantum Programmer
TCC:}

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

Hi Lou,

  I looked for post number 53630 on the JMRI groups in Groups io and found no such number.   Dapenquin notes that there are three different JMRI groups.   To which group are you referring?

KJ

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

Lou, as Dapenguin mentioned, there are more than one JMRI forums on group io.    I searched for the post #53630 and found none.

However, I did manage to finally get the SiLabs 3.2 driver installed.   In order to facilitate this, I had to uninstall JMRI and SiLab drivers (both QSI's and JMRI's).  I even edited the registry (removing all signs of QSI).

  I then rebooted, disabling driver signing and completed the installation with no hitches.   I then loaded QCVManager, Quantum Upgrade and Q1a Upgrade with no problems.

 I have yet to reload the JMRI SiLabs driver.   I don't know if that's going to mess things up or no.

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

KJ,
As far as I know, JMRI has no Silabs (or any other external) drivers. Is this driver you are referring to perhaps for another system you are interfacing to your computer like NCE or Digitrax?

Tom Wilson

Colorado Springs, CO

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

Hi Tom,

  Yes!  You are correct.  Our club programming track is an NCE Powercab, connected to JMRI via USB board.   This requires the SiLabs driver (different than the QSI SiLabs driver).

KJ

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

Sorry for the slow response, I have been out of town and under the weather.. Sorry for not being more specific on the group name. It is JMRIusers which is the one that has all the converted messages from Yahoo.  Here is a link to the conversation: https://groups.io/g/jmriusers/message/53630?p=,,,20,0,0,0::relevance,,%22QSI%2C+JMRI+and+the+Mac%22,20,2,0,19501924

What system did you get the driver to work on? The instructions for the JMRI topic is about a few things and references on how to modify the .inf file to add the virtual com port. This allows JMRI to work with the QSI programmer.

Ass I said, this worked for me for a while on Win 10 until an update killed it. I haven’t tried ver 3.2 as I was hoping to get current drivers working so I didn’t lose the programmer with the next update.

Hope this helps.

Lou

kjlovesya

Hi Lou,

  You asked, "What system did you get the driver to work on?"

  The laptop is an older Lenovo (IBM) with Windows 7 Professional operating system.   The club layout uses NCE systems, including a Powercab / USB interface for the programming track.    I have yet to test if the just re-installed NCE Silabs driver is now conflicting with the QSI Silabs driver.

  It seems the QSI Silabs driver must be installed first.  So far so good.

KJ