Head Light Flashing

John Burkhardt

Does anyone know what flashing head lights indicate when Q1V7 decoder equipped loco is put on life track.

I know in a TSUNAMI it means a short in the installation, but this is a LL P2K E8 that the day before was running well and the next day is dead except for HL flashing at 1” pulse?

Thanks and warm regards,

John Burkhardt

South Africa

where the sun always shines,

and steam still reigns!

--
John Burkhardt
South Africa

timothy w miller

is this a dc or dcc power supply? on a dc power supply it indicates too much voltage

Does anyone know what flashing head lights indicate when Q1V7 decoder equipped loco is put on life track.
I know in a TSUNAMI it means a short in the installation, but this is a LL P2K E8 that the day before was running well and the next day is dead except for HL flashing at 1” pulse?

Thanks and warm regards,

John Burkhardt
South Africa
where the sun always shines,
and steam still reigns!

--
John Burkhardt
South Africa
Where the sun always shines
and Steam still reigns!

John Burkhardt

Timothy,

On my DCC mainline that the RAMP meter indicates as 14.2V

Thanks and warm regards,

John Burkhardt
South Africa
where the sun always shines,