Has anyone run into the problem of downloading sound files from the Shedaker/Wix site ( or anywhere else)………

peterebherron

……..being blocked by Google?

Peter

Simon Brown

Hi Peter I have a copy of said files that you might be referring to - are you after a particular sound set?

Or is your comment a general "Is anyone else seeing this"?

I have excel file that allows "direct" access to the sound sets on QSI server too - this requires you to click on sound set number (underlined in blue) and then when getting the "google error" open the redirect by right clicking into a new window and the file downloads.

These file can be found in the files section that I uploaded inside folder called  "QSI Q1a, Q2 Files List" back in 2018. The link below should also work
https://groups.io/g/QSIndustries/files/QSI%20Q1a,%20Q2%20Files%20List/QSI%20Sound%20Sets%20Lists.xlsx

FWIW I also have a complete copy of what was on the Wix site back in 2017 so may have what you need. Pleas note this is not held for any commercial gain and only for future protection when QSI, website etc was on really really shakey ground and I had too many decoders to risk not being able to update them.

Hope this helps
Simon

Alex Stanojevic

Simon,

I was looking for the Revolution-U file 1100-1000.q2. Could not find it anywhere. Can you help me locate?

Regards

Alex

On Nov 24, 2021, at 17:14, Simon Brown via groups.io <s_brown@...> wrote:

[...]

Simon, I found that I had downloaded all the Q3 files a few years ago so I’m all set having a clean copy of every sound set. I was fooling around with the CV Manager program on a different computer so I tried to download from the Shedaker/WIX site and Google blocked it. Tried 3 different computers-all were blocked. It was a WTF to the group to see if it was something everyone was aware of and if there was an easy way around it. It’s like the never ending saga of trying to load the unsigned SiLab drivers into Win 10!  My retired IT buddy finally got them in using DOS commands from the C-prompt!  Anyone try loading them into Win 11 yet.

All these issues have me wondering if QSI doesn’t stand for Questioning (my) Sane Integrity!  LOL

Peter

Greg Elmassian

Well, the latest version of FireFox (not google) blocks the download.

I get a security window popping up.

Click the exclamation character in the red circle. It will give you the option to download. Just tried it and it works.

Greg

peterebherron

Good to know Greg, thanks. Did you try to use the file?  I thought the last time I did this, the file didn’t work.

Peter

Lou

Peter,
Here are the files I have. I don't know what they are but I am guessing that the original file was not very good and some modifications were made. I have no idea how to load them or what they are doing. Use at you own risk. If these are good please save them to the files section on the group page. It would probably help to tell us what these files did. If a file is bad, please identify what one is and how it was bad. It may work for others.

Good Luck.

Lou

On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 5:22 PM peterebherron <peterebherron@...> wrote:

Good to know Greg, thanks. Did you try to use the file?  I thought the last time I did this, the file didn’t work.

Peter

Greg Elmassian

Files download fine...

I have a pretty complete collection also.

Peter, you did not specify Revolution or Titan files.

That spreadsheet is Revolution only.

You need q2FX files or q3 files. I don't know how to externally tell the difference between a q2 and a q2fx file, but when you load the file into Q2Upgrade, you will see what hardware it supports.

greg

Greg Elmassian

There is a setting to turn off the file download warning in FireFox...

Peter, you were looking for Titan files, right? Simon's spreadsheet downloads the Files for the Q1a (quantum) and the Q2 (revolution) HO decoders.

Your hardware is a Titan, right?

Simon, thanks for the spreadsheet, I am making a large compendium of all the files, but also adding the hardware version number to the file, I've seen too many people try to load a file on the wrong hardware.

Greg

Simon Brown

FWIW the spreadsheet was built from the wiz website, that used to have an embedded google sheet.

it’s fundamentally a cut and paste so whilst it doesn’t have everything it should be acculturate to the sound files referenced

cheers
simon

Greg Elmassian

Thanks Simon.

On the Q2 Revolution page, there are 2 columns with Y and N but no description what the columns are.

Do you have a clue as to what these mean?

(also found the q1a files, wow)

Greg

Simon Brown

Greg - sorry been way too long to remember what the Y and N are.

Possibly had something to do with the Cut'n'paste but I am guessing here - was most likely a dropdown or some such that hasnt translated well when I copied the google list from the wix website

TBH I have generally moved to Loksound and only really go back to the QSI stuff for the Proto 2000 oem and Revo installs I still have

Greg Elmassian

Edited

Thanks Simon, will see if I can retrieve an old version from the Internet Wayback machine.

Greg

peterebherron

Sorry for the late reply, Lou.  Thank you for these.  Unfortunately all my Titans are in steam locomotives no diesels.

Peter

peterebherron

Simon,

I forgot to mention this before as I was looking for Titan sound files, but I cannot get the steam files to open, as "Micro Pain in the Ass"  wont let me.  Do you have a sheet with the steam files only you could send me, as Micro Pain doesn't block downloading the files just won't let me change sheets.

Thanks,

Peter