Topics

Driver modifications for Quantum Programmer

Lou

Hello group.

I finally found the directions for getting the SILabs drivers to work with
the programmer. Please note these are old instructions and may or may not
work on Win 10.

However, I followed these instructions on my old XP computer and they worked
fine. When I upgraded to Win 7 they continued to work. They continued to
work on an upgrade to Win 10. However, a clean installation of Win 10
started the failures. I plan to try these modifications on the later SILab
drivers to see if I can get them to work again.

The instructions to make the change are found in the JMRI group on .IO in
message number 53630 titled QSI, JMRI and the Mac. Gerry Pruss was involved
in the fix way back then. If these changes don't apply anymore maybe he can
get involved again. I know a small batch of programmers were released a
while back and I know it is used by some model OEMs. I wonder if Gerry fixed
the problem on Win 10?

Good luck.

Lou

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

Which JMRI group on .io?  There are 3 of em.

kjlovesya

Thanks Lou!   I'll go have a look at JMRI in io groups.

KJ

Lou

I did an install yesterday on 2 computers. I installed the Win 10 Universal driver on a 64 bit Win 10 Home edition. The virtual serial port was installed but the USB port did not install. I keep getting errors that say to complete the install. I don’t know how to do that. I then installed vet 6.7 of the driver an my Win 10 Pro 64 bit machine. Neither driver installed on it.

I have come to the conclusion that the driver supplied by QSI no longer supports the programmer chip set. That version also does not provide a virtual serial port driver to use the programmer in JMRI. Gerry Pruss worked on getting the programmer with JMRI, maybe he needs to do something again to get the programmer to with current SLI drivers. They also need to find out why the drivers don’t work with the programmer in USB mode.

Lou

Thanks Lou!   I'll go have a look at JMRI in io groups.

KJ

Ed.Sauers

Lou,

Prior to the install did you perform the special shutdown and restart to start up window 10 in the mode that allows it to load drivers that are not signed?

Ed Sauers

On 10/21/2019 1:25 PM, 'Lou Venema' tpwillie@... [QSIndustries] wrote:

[...]

Been there and done that many times. As far as I know the drivers are signed as I never had any complaints during the install process. I also was semi-successful on one machine.