From: QSIndustries@yahoogroups.com <QSIndustries@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2019 10:41 PM
To: QSIndustries@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [QSIndustries] Driver for Quantum Programmer

I have a Quantum programmer and Quantum CV Manager Version 3.1.0.0 (Mar 14,
2016). I thought I've run it before on this computer, but now no-go. The
programmer wants a driver version 3.2. but the readme file for the Silabs
driver I found that has version 3.2 is dated 27-Jan-10, and deals with
installation on Win XP. The Silabs site has a universal driver for their
hardware on Win 10, but I can't get it to install linked to CV Manager.

How do I get a Win 10 driver for the QP ?

Bruce Shanks

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Bruce Shanks

Lou, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it did me no good.

I even removed all programs that were Quantum, QSI or SiLabs related and then tried to download and run the QP_USBXp _DriverInstall.zip file by doing the extractions and selecting the defaults. It scans, says copying driver files, then stops with

The specified INF files could not be copied and installed.
Please check your installation and try again.

Looks to me that the inf file is right there in the folder with the exe file, but the installer cant see it.

What simple thing am I doing incorrectly?

Bruce Shanks

Ed.Sauers

Bruce,

Google "how to install a unsigned apps/program on windows 10. Follow that procedure and then try to install the Silab driver.

Ed Sauers

On 4/16/2019 11:17 PM, 'Bruce Shanks WF8L' wf8l@earthlink.net [QSIndustries] wrote:
Lou, thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it did me no good.

I even removed all programs that were Quantum, QSI or SiLabs related and
then tried to download and run the QP_USBXp _DriverInstall.zip file by doing
the extractions and selecting the defaults. It scans, says copying driver
files, then stops with

The specified INF files could not be copied and installed.
Please check your installation and try again.

Looks to me that the inf file is right there in the folder with the exe
file, but the installer cant see it.

What simple thing am I doing incorrectly?

Bruce Shanks

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Tom K.

    I've had success re-installing the drivers using this procedure.  Above on the 'New Messages' link click "See All".  You can now search for message #16373 above to the right. Josh goes into a lot of detail as to why we have a problem with windows 10 and drivers.
   In case you can't find the message, here is the brunt of it:  -  Best of luck.....
Here’s the procedure:
  1. Disconnect the programmer
  2. Click the Start Menu
  3. Click the Power icon
  4. Hold the shift key and click “restart”. (this can take a minute so don’t panic)
  5. When asked to “Choose and option” click “Troubleshoot”
  6. Click “Advanced Options”
  7. Click “Startup Settings”
  8. Click “Restart” (The computer will partially reboot and you’ll be presented with an options list)
  9. Press the 7 key to select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” (The computer will now finish booting and look normal)
  10. Install the driver per the instructions presented in the Install Wizard.
  11. Connect the programmer.

Bruce Shanks

In digest 3842 Kelly pointed out the need to set up Win 10 to accept unsigned drivers, and where the instructions are in the QP Install guide. Followed them twice now, and every thing seems to be working fine until it scans, begins "copying driver files" then halts with the notice

The specified INF files could not be copied and installed.
Please check your installation and try again.

I get the messages in digest, and can't figure out how to select message 16373 on the group site, but from what I read in these recent messages, apparently I'm dealing with a different issue.

Fervently hoping someone understands why I'm getting this message about INF files.

Bruce Shanks

Tom K.

Bruce, did you see the eleven point procedure at the bottom of my message?