Decoder pinout

Banjotrain

I bought a Broadway Limited SD40-2 in January 2005.

Does anyone have a pinout of the decoder that would have been installed in that timeframe?
It is slightly different from the later pre-Revolution decoders - the keep-alive caps are mounted remotely, under the rear light.

Thanks
Erik

Banjotrain

It has a volume pot rather than a reed switch.

John Burkhardt

Can you post some clear closeup pics in an album appropriately named in the Photo section?
--
John Burkhardt
South Africa

Dave Hastings

Kelly Dorf can answer that question.

Dave Hastings

On Sunday, May 9, 2021, 04:18:55 AM EDT, Banjotrain <bennettedm@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

It has a volume pot rather than a reed switch.

Banjotrain

Added 2 pics in "SD40-2 decoder pinout".  One shows the caps relocated to light-stand at rear.
Thanks  Erik

John Burkhardt

Erik,

It does not match anything that I have here with me so can't really tell you anything about the pin out on that decoder, yet since the decoder is still in the loco and all plugs still in their sockets surely you can "ring" each wire out to with a VOM and/or follow a wire to its physical connection like motor wheels, etc?
--
John Burkhardt
South Africa