DCC sound and O Scale 2 rail

Tom Lewis

Pat,

Let me add my wishes for a large scale aftermarket DCC Sound
decoder which would also operate on a standard DC 2 rail
layout.

I can tell you from experience that there are many O scale 2
railers who would like to selectively put sound in their locos and
have a choice of running on DC or DCC. (perhaps club vs home)

There are also many O Scalers like myself who are on the brink
of going DCC. I bought Easy DCC for my 2 rail layout last year
but have been waiting for a better choice in decoders before
making the switch.

There is also a large group of three rail O guage/scale guys who
tell me the only thing that keeps them from moving to 2 rail O
Scale is loosing the cool sounding electronics. (many of them
QSI)

Just my 2 cents worth. And Thanks.

Tom Lewis

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Let me add my wishes for a large scale aftermarket DCC Sound decoder which
would also operate on a standard DC 2 rail
layout.<
There is actually another sound/decoder system out there that competes
with QSI called Phoenix. Of course it has different features just as
Soundtraxx is different from QSI. It will fit in HO but everyone into DCC
I've ever talked with turns around and walks away as soon as they hear the
price! $300<VBG>!

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
Digitrax DCC owner, Chief/Zephyr systems
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

rod@...

A sorta me too also. I am already running DCC on my home layout. There
are quite a few locos yet to be converted.

A comment for Pat WRT his comment about plenty of room. Things can get
pretty tight when the tender is a vanderbilt tender that has almost no
access to the interior. Then everything has to go in the engine. On a
small loco there isn't much room for decoders and a speaker as the
motor and boiler weight take up lots of space.

Lastly, almost on track, O scale motors are 12 volt, the same as HO.
Please don't be mis-led by the N/HO/Large Scale selector switch on some
boosters.

Rod

Let me add my wishes for a large scale aftermarket DCC Sound
decoder which would also operate on a standard DC 2 rail
layout.

I can tell you from experience that there are many O scale 2
railers who would like to selectively put sound in their locos and
have a choice of running on DC or DCC. (perhaps club vs home)

There are also many O Scalers like myself who are on the brink
of going DCC. I bought Easy DCC for my 2 rail layout last year
but have been waiting for a better choice in decoders before
making the switch.

There is also a large group of three rail O guage/scale guys who
tell me the only thing that keeps them from moving to 2 rail O
Scale is loosing the cool sounding electronics. (many of them
QSI)

Just my 2 cents worth. And Thanks.

Tom Lewis

Yahoo! Groups Links