Current keeper for Titian A

Bob

I want to put some keep alives in some Titian A. I found a connection point mark +12 volts, would I connect the positive wire to this point and where would I connect then negative wire to. Any help would be appreciate.

Bob

kjlovesya

Hi Bob,

  See the "Files" section (above).

KJ

Bob

KJ
I have and he doesn’t show connection for a titan A, only for revolution A which I have used.  I sent a email to QSI but haven’t heard back.
Bob

On May 5, 2018, at 8:26 AM, kjlovesya@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

  See the "Files" section (above).

Hi Bob,

  Oops!  Sorry!

  The Titan A wiring diagram is in the Files section.   If you find the black terminal marked "Flywheel capacitor" that is also the equivalent of the Titan U Black wire with a white stripe.

  You can put your high capacitance device (be very careful about polarity) across the +12V and the - 'Flywheel Capacitor'.   It doesn't hurt to keep the small capacitor in the circuit too.   It's my understanding the small 'Flywheel Capacitor' doesn't power the motor, only the micro-controller and lights.

  I've done this same modification in several of my own models.

KJ

Bob

What you describe is what I thought I would do.  I was wondering to get motor power was to connect the blue wire to postitive 12v spot on the board. I know the titan a uses 5 v for lights like the revolution. I have connect KA this way on revolution a. I assume you could connect the titan the same way.
Bob

On May 5, 2018, at 6:52 PM, kjlovesya@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

  Oops!  Sorry!

  The Titan A wiring diagram is in the Files section.   If you find the black terminal marked "Flywheel capacitor" that is also the equivalent of the Titan U Black wire with a white stripe.

  You can put your high capacitance device (be very careful about polarity) across the +12V and the - 'Flywheel Capacitor'.   It doesn't hurt to keep the small capacitor in the circuit too.   It's my understanding the small 'Flywheel Capacitor' doesn't power the motor, only the micro-controller and lights.

  I've done this same modification in several of my own models.

    Hi Bob,

  Basically, the +12V and the - 'Flywheel capacitor' in the diagram are the output of the main Bridge Rectifier.  Everything is driven from that main bridge rectifier.  The same as the blue wire and the black w/white striped wire on the Titan U.    These are the standard spots for attaching high value Capacitor type devices.

  I'm not sure what you mean by, "
I was wondering to get motor power was to connect the blue wire to postitive 12v spot on the board".   The motor is connected to the side tab motor leads (orange and gray).

KJ

Bob

KJ

I will try to explain what I meet. To get motor to continue to turn until the cap is drain you have to have the blue wire connected to the +12v bridge side of the main rectifier. The Titan A and Revolution  A use a +5v on the tab for common connection that you would connect the + side of the KA with that you only get sound. I know where the +12v is on the Revolution A board and the ground. By connecting the blue wire from the KA to the +12V line you get sound and motor until the cap drains down to a level that the decoder stops.  On the Titan A there is a +12v connection spot on the board so if I connect the blue wire from the KA there and connect the ground to ground side of the fly wheel cap it should work. The ground on the flywheel on the A boards is also the same ground on the rectifier side. I check this on a Revolution U and it is the same there. I have put KA on the Revolution A and U and titan U boards and they work like they are  suppose to. My thoughts are that on the Titan A board the +12v spot is 12v from the rectifier and if I connect the blue wire from the KA to this point and ground to the ground on the fly wheel cap it should work.

Bob

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

  Basically, the +12V and the - 'Flywheel capacitor' in the diagram are the output of the main Bridge Rectifier.  Everything is driven from that main bridge rectifier.  The same as the blue wire and the black w/white striped wire on the Titan U.    These are the standard spots for attaching high value Capacitor type devices.

  I'm not sure what you mean by, "
I was wondering to get motor power was to connect the blue wire to postitive 12v spot on the board".   The motor is connected to the side tab motor leads (orange and gray).

Hi Bob,

  Yes!  It sounds like you've got it correct.

KJ