Consisting two E7 A's

Edward

I know that lately their has been a lot of discussion on
consisting, but most of that has been about having functions working
or not working. My question, although related, I have not seen
posted. I have a NCE system and while setting up an advanced consist
here is what has happened. After adding the lead loco number the
engine starts up as though a F6 was entered, after adding the second
loco number it also starts up like the first. I just hit enter for
the third, since there is none. When I use the select loco key to
enter either the lead loco number or the consist number and increase
speed, in either direction, they do not move, even though both are
still making engine sounds. I am using long addresses and both
engines work fine when they are not consisted. If I clear the
consist both engines function as normal. What have I missed?

Thanks for any advice....
Ed Kempf

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Edward,
Your problem is probably related but with specific tests that everyone
does it's hard to tell.

After adding the lead loco number the engine starts up as though a F6 was
entered, after adding the second loco number it also starts up like the
first.<
One user had his engines stall, while consisted, and on occasion F6
would start them again. F6 (start engines) shouldn't work unless F9 has
been pushed to shut down the engines. NCE doesn't have an F9! The question
then is how does this happen?

Edward

"F6 (start engines) shouldn't work unless F9 has been pushed to shut
down the engines. NCE doesn't have an F9! The question then is how
does this happen?"

Jon,

Is that in fact true....I know that currently NCE does not have F9-
F12, but reguardless hitting F6 still does a wake up. In fact
hitting any function key will wake up the engine, (bell,
horn/whistle, etc), once the engine has been selected.

ARRJERRY@...

In a message dated 2/22/2004 11:04:55 AM Central Standard Time, atsf@... writes:

One user had his engines stall, while consisted, and on occasion F6
would start them again.  F6 (start engines) shouldn't work unless F9 has
been pushed to shut down the engines.  NCE doesn't have an F9!  The question
then is how does this happen?

Now we are getting there,
               Jerry S.