Atlas qsi light

ron wright

have several atlas gold locos with the qsi sound installed. I want to add ditchlights, but have been unable to figure out light output programming. Is jmri the way to go that would be easier? Having trouble finding the steps to program using my dcc system. Also is it just possible that the decoder doesn't have these outputs? I like the sound and features so I don't want to replace the decoder. They are atlas gp38's.

Thanks,

Ron w

kjlovesya

Hi Ron,

  What version of QSI decoder?  CV 7 = ?    CV 8 = ?

  Can you send pics of the decoder?   Place them in the "Photos" section (above).   Perhaps someone can help once they see the actual decoder.

Good luck,
KJ

ron wright

Just added a photo. Not sure how to read back CV values
Thanks,
Ron

Lou

Didn't see the photo. It must be uploaded to the photo storage section of the QSI group.

To read back the CV's I strongly suggest you download a copy of the Quantum DCC Ref Manual 5.2.0. It can be found at https://shedaker.wixsite.com/shedaker/titan-ho-documents. The answer to your question is on pages 404 to 406. There is also a lot of other information on this site. You can also get the manual at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/QSIndustries/files

Lou