Load incompatible file

Banjotrain

I have a 2004 loco with a decoder with a volume pot and reset switch, and a non-BEMF chip.
I replace the chip with a  Q1a V7 BEMF chip from a reed switch decoder and the BEMF works well.
I wanted to reprogram the V7 chip with a better Q1a sound file. I picked one out but it comes from a reed switch decoder.

The programmer would not load the file because it said the V7 chip/decoder, being reed switch, was incompatible with the vol pot chip/decoder.

Is there any way I can defeat the check by the programmer and actually load the desired V7 file?

Thanks
Erik