Hello Group. Need REVOLUTION STEAM FILE for a 2-8-2T which I guess would be small steam.

peterebherron

I downloaded what was supposed to be a Revolution Steam file, 3100-802v8-9-5.zip.  When I try to load it into the decoder I go through all the selections then when I hit update it starts and then I get the message below.

I believe it is a file for a Titan, not a Revolution.  I only own 2 revolutions which were pre-programmed by Josh Shedaker so I never fooled with them and have no idea what the file name should be.  I downloaded every file I could when Solutions shut down but they all appear to be diesel.  Anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Peter

Greg Elmassian

One thing that is helpful, be sure to specify which hardware you have when asking for a file... My mind automatically goes to the LS Titan and LS Revolution.

So, you want HO Revolution
small steam?

by the way, you see the "7000" number?

From my site:

  • 4000 Quantum 2, Large Scale - Revolution
  • 6000 Quantum 2, HO scale - Revolution
  • Titan A  HO drop-in (don't know number)
  • 7000 Quantum 2, FX-U - HO Titan, also called Titan-U
  • 7002 Quantum 2, FX-SD - Titan? what size?
  • 7021 Quantum 2, FX-DO - O scale Titan - also called Titan-DO
  • 7022 Quantum 2, Large Scale Titan
This is why I have been adding the hardware number to the file name. So do you have the file number for this?

I have some files, but I think the steam files are all 3000 numbers, I only have diesels ( 1000 ) and a 5000 (turbine).

Greg

peterebherron

Greg,

yes HO REVOLUTION. Simon’s spread sheet opens to the diesel files. There is a tab for the Steam files but MicroPain blocks it. Can you check in your copy?
Peter

Greg Elmassian

So the page on the spreadsheet only has direct links for the diesel files... they work...

the 2 links at top, one of which should send you to the steam file page, they do not work.

the excel file has no page with the steam files...

if you could find the file number like 3100-201, I might be able to figure out their site... but without a target file name, no go.

Greg

Donald Goveas

Hello Peter,
Please first determine which decoder you have, From the error message it looks like you are uploading a Titan file to a Revolution Ver 7.0 decoder.
Here is a list of Q2 steam files. Determine which file you need.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 10:24 PM peterebherron <peterebherron@...> wrote:
Greg,

yes HO REVOLUTION. Simon’s spread sheet opens to the diesel files. There is a tab for the Steam files but MicroPain blocks it. Can you check in your copy?
Peter

Donald Goveas

Hello Peter,
My message was truncated, let me know the file number you want from the list sent above. I will send you the file.
Best regards,
Donald

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 11:36 PM DONALD GOVEAS <goveas.donald@...> wrote:
Hello Peter,
Please first determine which decoder you have, From the error message it looks like you are uploading a Titan file to a Revolution Ver 7.0 decoder.
Here is a list of Q2 steam files. Determine which file you need.

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 10:24 PM peterebherron <peterebherron@...> wrote:
Greg,

yes HO REVOLUTION. Simon’s spread sheet opens to the diesel files. There is a tab for the Steam files but MicroPain blocks it. Can you check in your copy?
Peter

Greg Elmassian

There's 2 copies of the excel file in the files area.

As I stated before, you can override Windows to allow the download.

I found the file list and links in the second excel file, so I'm downloading them all now, so I have the complete set, no telling when QSI might take them away.

Greg

peterebherron

Hi Donald,

Based on this list I could use the  3050-551 or 552 file. I’m curious about the different horn and other selections available in the sound file as I thought you could select all those when programming in the cut and paste tab. I’ve never programmed a Revolution decoder so maybe that tab is only available in Titans. As I said I only had two Revolution decoders and both were received preprogrammed by Josh as diesels.

Thank you so much…….

Petet

Greg Elmassian

Cut and Paste works for Revolution.

Donald Goveas

Hi Peter,
I have successfully used cut and paste to change whistles, horns, compressor etc. in the Revolutions. But when you save the file you have to name it differently, that is to give it another name and keep a record of the changes you made.
I am sending both the files as requested. I hope this helps.
Best /regards
Donald

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 12:57 AM peterebherron <peterebherron@...> wrote:

Hi Donald,

Based on this list I could use the  3050-551 or 552 file. I’m curious about the different horn and other selections available in the sound file as I thought you could select all those when programming in the cut and paste tab. I’ve never programmed a Revolution decoder so maybe that tab is only available in Titans. As I said I only had two Revolution decoders and both were received preprogrammed by Josh as diesels.

Thank you so much…….

Petet

Simon Brown

Peter,

As nobody has mentioned it, the 3100-xxxx are Q2Fx files - they are V8 files and firmware is for Titans thats why it wont load onto your revo

HTH

Simon

peterebherron

Donald,

Thank you so much for sending the files.  I will try loading one later today and let you know what happened.

Peter

peterebherron

Simon,

Thanks, I guessed that was the problem when I got that error message.  Donald’s has sent me 2 files which I think are correct and will let you know after I download and try to install them.

Peter

peterebherron

Donald,

Success!!!!  Thank you so much for sending this to me.  I was getting worried I might be stuck with an RS-1 sound coming out of my Minaret!!

Peter

Donald Goveas

Peter,
Happy to be of help.
Enjoy your Model Railroading
Donald

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 9:12 PM peterebherron <peterebherron@...> wrote:
Donald,

Success!!!!  Thank you so much for sending this to me.  I was getting worried I might be stuck with an RS-1 sound coming out of my Minaret!!

Peter

peteski7

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 10:42 AM, peterebherron wrote:
 I was getting worried I might be stuck with an RS-1 sound coming out of my Minaret!!
Peter
If you have either steam or diesel sounds coming out of your Minaret then you are in big trouble!  :-)
(Yeah, I know -- blame it on auto-correct).
Peteski

peterebherron

I believe you are confusing the Arabic Prayer Tower or a mountain range in California with what I was referring to!!!  LOL.  The name Minaret was commonly applied to the 2-8-2 Tank engines made by Alco.  Photo below.

This is not accurate as Alco only officially applied the name to a single 2-10-2 engine..

"In 1927, Alco delivered an even larger saddle tanker, the 2-10-2T (No. 5), which both the manufacturer and SPL {Suger Pine Lumber} did call the 'Minarets,' in honor of the Minarets and Western Railway, even though the locomotive was used almost exclusively on the SPL main line from Bass Lake to Centeral Camp. The engine had larger drivers (48 inch) and greater tractive power than the smaller 2-8-2T's, and was never duplicated by either ALCO or any other manufacturer"

Privous to the above the the author states that the 2-8-2Ts where never refered to by ALCO or SPL as "Minarets." The only Minarets type locomotive, SPL No 5, the 2-10-2T was scrapped by H. J. Kaiser during 1947.

Peter

peteski7

On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 10:01 AM, peterebherron wrote:
I believe you are confusing the Arabic Prayer Tower or a mountain range in California with what I was referring to!!!  LOL.  The name Minaret was commonly applied to the 2-8-2 Tank engines made by Alco.  Photo below.
Well I learned something new today. Thanks for the gift of knowledge!  And it isn't even Christmas yet.  :-)  I have heard of Atlantics, Pacifics, Mikados, and even Mud Hens, but a Minaret is new for me. Compared to Europe, tank engines were fairly rare in United States.

Peteski