From: printmore1@...
To: kelly.dorf@...
Sent: 2021-08-19 9:19:58 PM Eastern Standard Time
Subject: Re: [Special] [QSIndustries] Contacting QSI

Hj, Kelly: Very pleased to see your back. We need you. The list has gotten out of hand without your guidance and advice. I was very fortunate that you were able to help me in the past. The present listings are a sign that are not encouraging. I still believe that QSI decoders are superior to what is on the market. Just one example is that programming can be done verbally. There are many other features as well providing you can peruse the manuals.

Be well and safe

Leonard Stern, Home of the Montreal Belt Line ( with many QSI equipped engines)

In a message dated 2021-08-19 9:00:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, kelly.dorf@... writes:

Hello everyone.
Sorry for going dark for awhile.  In addition to Covid protocols, I have had a lot of personal issues to deal with.
However, I am back part time and truly want to take care of all of you.
If you are looking for decoders or other items, please re-send your requests to qsindustries224@....
QSI is operating on a very limited schedule right now, and I dont have time to go back thru all the emails and comments.
Lets just start over.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Kelly
QSI

peterebherron

Hey Kelly long time. I had inquired about HO Titans and trading in a couple of Revolutions. Never got a reply.  Still looking.

Thanks,

Peter

On Aug 19, 2021, at 9:00 PM, kelly dorf <kelly.dorf@...> wrote:

Hello everyone.
Sorry for going dark for awhile.  In addition to Covid protocols, I have had a lot of personal issues to deal with.
However, I am back part time and truly want to take care of all of you.
If you are looking for decoders or other items, please re-send your requests to qsindustries224@....
QSI is operating on a very limited schedule right now, and I dont have time to go back thru all the emails and comments.
Lets just start over.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Kelly
QSI

I for one, am ready to help. It appears that Kelly does not have all those requests. May Be Lost, or whatever. In any event, I suggest you resend all requests to Kelly.  But, as he says: "please re-send your requests to qsindustries224@....".
I think he deserves the chance and personally wish Kelly the best of luck. But like last time, is the server "gmail"? I had sent an email to that address at gmail and haven't received a reply. But the email I sent to Kelly did receive a reply. So we now know Kelly is alive.
But I also want to say. That when someone is trying to maintain a business on a part time basis, we know that time is valuable. So I for one, am patiently waiting for this business to blossom. The QSI decoder is superior and deserves more recognition for the quality.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Greg Elmassian

kelly, the web interface chops off part of the email address...

can you re-submit it as

first DOT second AT blahblah DOT com ?

as soon as it finds the "at symbol" it truncates.

Greg

Paul B/Indy

Interestingly, it did not chop it off my version of his message.  He is on gmail.

Paul B/Indy

On Aug 20, 2021, at 5:19 PM, Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:

kelly, the web interface chops off part of the email address...

can you re-submit it as

first DOT second AT blahblah DOT com ?

as soon as it finds the "at symbol" it truncates.

Greg

peteski7

Funny that you mentioned this.  I have my membership to this group configured for "no emails, special notices only".  I always read the group using the Groups.io web interface, and not receive group's emails.  However yesterday, I received Kelly's email in email Inbox.  I was very surprised.  And yes, that email contained complete (not partially hidden) QSI email address.

The subject line read: "[Special] [QSIndustries] Contacting QSI", so that implies that Kelly sent that out as a "Special Notice".  I think he has to be a group owner or a moderator to be able to do that.

The QSIndustries email address he provided is qsindustries224 AT gmail DOT com

Peteski

On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 07:54 PM, Paul B/Indy wrote:
Interestingly, it did not chop it off my version of his message.  He is on gmail.

Paul B/Indy

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr

Yes, Kelly is on the moderator list:)

Talmadge C 'TC' Carr
Sn42 and Hn42 somewhere in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest
group_list@dapenguin.net

On 20August2021, at 18:14, peteski7 via groups.io <peteski7=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

The subject line read: "[Special] [QSIndustries] Contacting QSI", so that implies that Kelly sent that out as a "Special Notice". I think he has to be a group owner or a moderator to be able to do that.

peterebherron

Edited

I saw that message and wrote to Kelly AND QSI directly.  They must be way behind because I actually want to send them $ for product! LOL. Odd way to run a company!  I wish the decoders weren’t so good especially in steam locomotives so I would give up and switch to something easier to buy!

Peter

bigfourroad

Amen for all of us.

However Kelly did diagnose two decoders for me and as we agreed on price for new ones as the damaged ones were uneconomic to repair. He sent those promptly after diagnosing the old ones after some wait.

Chris

J Chris Rooney CFA
Vanness Company
Tel: 904-280-1898
Fax: 904-280-1898
Email: Vannessco@...
Web: www.VannessCompany.com
On 10/1/2021 4:09 PM, peterebherron wrote:

I saw that message and wrote to Kelly AND QSI directly.  They must be way behind because I actually want to send them $ for product! LOL. Odd way to tun a company!  I wish the decoders weren’t so good especially in steam locomotives so I would give up and switch to something easier to buy!

Peter

Edited

Yes. He's not exactly an astute businessman. But as has been mentioned, the product is superior to just about every steam decoder on the market. Too bad. I wonder if he's ever considered a marketing helper. A business partner. Or some other individual who's willing to put in time and effort to make QSI a better player in this market. I for one, would support the effort. Kelly: no insult intended.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

kelly dorf

Leonard.
A new replacement decoder is on its way to you.

Kelly Dorf
QSI

Yes I am alive.

Leonard Stern

Kelly: Thank you. You continue to help me as you have in the past. Despite some controversies discussed on this forum QSI has always come through. I started with my first QSI equipped engine From Broadway (a CN 4-6-2, #7205)) in brass with a QSI decoder version 1. At one point in my model railroad life I owned 50 BLI ,QSI equipped engines. I could never understand why BLI switched to their decoders. Absolutely no match to QSI.

Once again , Kelly, Thank You.

Leonard Stern, Home of the Montreal Belt Line

Hi Kelly. I totally agree with Leonard. My QSI Decapod has better sound than my Paragon 2. Certainly a better Banshee!
And I am extremely glad you are alive. <small grin>  And just let us know when we can help. We know there is word of mouth advertising, so you can count on us.

Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Maureen Haugh

Kelly, I have been trying to find a replacement QSI sound decoder for an Atlas Trainmaster. Are they still available, and if so how can I purchase one?
Thank you for your help in this matter.

Frank Haugh

On Aug 19, 2021, at 3:00 PM, kelly dorf <kelly.dorf@...> wrote:

Hello everyone.
Sorry for going dark for awhile.  In addition to Covid protocols, I have had a lot of personal issues to deal with.
However, I am back part time and truly want to take care of all of you.
If you are looking for decoders or other items, please re-send your requests to qsindustries224@....
QSI is operating on a very limited schedule right now, and I dont have time to go back thru all the emails and comments.
Lets just start over.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Kelly
QSI

Alan Wightmore

I have 2 of them that I can sell.  I am in Canada.

Alan J. Wightmore