Contacting qsi regarding purchasing a new programmer.

nillessr@...

Has anyone been able to contact qsi?   I still want to purchase a new programmer,   Jim Nilles

Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...>

Jim,

Email Kelli Dorf directly at kelly.dorf@...

He takes awhile to get back to you sometimes....he's a one man show right now!!!

Ed Sauers

On 8/16/2021 4:58 PM, nillessr via groups.io wrote:
Has anyone been able to contact qsi?   I still want to purchase a new programmer,   Jim Nilles

I don't understand. When I click on "kelly.dorf@..." I don't get it. the "..." isn't enough.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Al

Did anyone wanted to buy a QSI programmer? I have one that I will sell, do not need it anymore. Please send me an E-mail and we can work out the details.
Al Babinsky

peteski7

Unfortunately when the groups messages are viewed on the groups.io website, it hides the real email addresses in the messages. Not sure if this is the same when accessing the group via email.

Unless someone posts Kelly's address in a way that fools the automatic hiding of addresses, you will never know the full email address.

If someone would post that email address as  "kelly dot dorf at someaddress dot com" should bypass the automatic obfuscation. Of course then you will have to manually type the address replacing the "dot" and "at" with the actual characters.

Peteski

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 06:08 PM, PennsyNut wrote:

I don't understand. When I click on "kelly.dorf@..." I don't get it. the "..." isn't enough.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Geoffrey Dobbin

Hi all,
Re contacting Kelly D.

I have   qsindustries224@...   from a couple of years ago. Was fine then.Don’t know about now.

Regards

Geoff

He takes awhile to get back to you sometimes....he's a one man show right now!!!

Ed Sauers

On 8/16/2021 4:58 PM, nillessr via groups.io wrote:
Has anyone been able to contact qsi?   I still want to purchase a new programmer,   Jim Nilles

Sarah Griessenboeck

Hi folks,

I have been trying to buy a programmer and a couple of decoders for about two years now and fired off countless inquiries to Kelly. I am not sure if there are even decoders available anymore since all channels remain silent so far. I also don't reach him via phone. Does anyone know more about things at QSIndustries?

Kind regards
Sarah

Greg Elmassian

kelly DOT dorf AT gmail DOT com

Al

Folks I have a QSI programmer that I'm willing to sell. I was in contact with Morgan Bilbo but since I don't have a manual he doesn't seem to be interested. The programmer has the powersupply, USB cable and the track connection which at this is a couple of wires with Alligator clips. It has been used a couple of times but I don't have the locos anymore. This will go to the first person that contacts me and purchases it.
Al Babinsky

Al: I did respond. Can you honestly think that someone would want something that don't have a manual? I am interested. I am willing to pay the price you quoted. But I can't find the manual online. I thought that you could get it. So all you need is to get a manual and send it to me. Manuals are usually pdf and easily sent via email. Do that and we have a deal. You say "This will go to the first person that contacts me and purchases it." I am the first, and I thought we were working this out. Sarah: Don't buy anything that don't have a manual. I did once and regretted it. As for email addresses: All one has to do is write it a way that bypasses forum rules, such as: "pennsynut at gmail dot com".
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Gilbert Buras Jr

[...]

Donald Goveas

Hello Al, PennsyNut and Gilbert,
Let me solve your problem. I have the Quantum Programmer Installation Guide in PDF format. Its Version 1.0.3 dated 3rd February 2016. If interested whoever buys the programmer, contact me at goveas dot donald at gmail dot com.
I will gladly oblige you.
I would also like to state that if anybody 'hates' QSI, I am ready to buy their decoders, if in working condition, and if offered at a reasonable price. I have about 15 locos with QSI decoders running flawlessly over a decade.
Best Regards
Donald

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 8:39 PM Al <babinskya@...> wrote:
Folks I have a QSI programmer that I'm willing to sell. I was in contact with Morgan Bilbo but since I don't have a manual he doesn't seem to be interested. The programmer has the powersupply, USB cable and the track connection which at this is a couple of wires with Alligator clips. It has been used a couple of times but I don't have the locos anymore. This will go to the first person that contacts me and purchases it.
Al Babinsky

Thanks to all. I now have what I need and Al and I are working on my purchase of the programmer from him. And if I need help when I get it, I can always rely on "QSI groups.io" for knowledgeable people with friendly helpful answers. Right?
--
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

John Burkhardt

Here is a later version of the Quantum manual

Thanks and warm regards,

John Burkhardt

South Africa

where the sun always shines,

and steam still reigns!

[...]

For All. and FYI: I now have 32 manuals for QSI in my file. From 2003 to 2016. Most notated as for a version 7 decoder, which is what I have. Other manuals are recently received, for the programmer, etc. But I thought I'd let y'all know just how much info is still available to QSI decoder owners. And none of these I have mention Titan. Apparently all I have is for the older decoders. Of which I suspect there are a few around. Not everyone is a "QSI hater". So if anyone wishes a copy of one or so of what I have, email "pennsynut at gmail dot com. I share freely, just as those above have done. We must be willing to share whatever we have. And I sure hope someone from QSI will share their email address so we can all communicate.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

I tried sending an email to kelli.dorf at gmail and it is undel. So would someone please contact Kelli and ask him/her to contact this group so we can communicate. Or, if Kelli is reading these, please let us know how to help. I'm sure most of us are willing to do what we can to help promote QSI. The decoder is too good to be left to die on the market. IMHO even if the web isn't feasible - this groups.io certainly is. And we can all help keep QSI on the market - even if only by voice/email/etc. Let the "haters" know we care. And if people want to "hate", that's their problem.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Gilbert Buras Jr

I think it is just outrageous that all of these products are now “orphaned” because of a dispute between the parties that put them into commerce.  Even more frustrating: they were far and away the most versatile, robust decoders I had ever used for my large scale, battery powered locos.

This niche hobby is too small to result in a class action on behalf of the consumers, but it would be entirely justified. If they are not going to support their products, the owners of the intellectual property behind this product should do the right thing and make it open source.

For All. and FYI: I now have 32 manuals for QSI in my file. From 2003 to 2016. Most notated as for a version 7 decoder, which is what I have. Other manuals are recently received, for the programmer, etc. But I thought I'd let y'all know just how much info is still available to QSI decoder owners. And none of these I have mention Titan. Apparently all I have is for the older decoders. Of which I suspect there are a few around. Not everyone is a "QSI hater". So if anyone wishes a copy of one or so of what I have, email "pennsynut at gmail dot com. I share freely, just as those above have done. We must be willing to share whatever we have. And I sure hope someone from QSI will share their email address so we can all communicate.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Joseph Melhorn

Morgan,

Try: Kelly(dot)dorf(at sign)gmail.com

Regards

Joe Melhorn

Sahuarita, AZ  85629

I don't understand. When I click on "kelly.dorf@..." I don't get it. the ".." isn't enough.
Morgan F Bilbo

Ed.Sauers <dockside98@...>

Guys,

Why are you saying that QSI doesn't support their products? I have send decoders and programmers to QSI for repair and they have repaired them without delay.

GIVE THEM A BREAK!!!!

be glad for what they have done for use!!

Ed Sauers