Question for QSI re: new automatic logon procedure for decoders

peteski7

If that is the case, IMO it is a strange name of the feature.
That would mean a bi-directional communication between the decoder and command station.  That would be similar to RailComPlus, a protocol already used by some European manufacturers.  But American manufacturers seem way behind the curve on this technology.  I also doubt that QSI will ever participate. After all, when was the last time there was a new QSI decoder produced?  I also doubt that any of the older decoders can be upgraded to communicate with he command station.

Hi Pete,

  Clarification is needed.  I think it means that the decoder is automatically identified, including make, model and version numbers.   I'm just guessing.  However, since there is some kind of standardization mentioned, does that mean the manufacturers are involved?

What does that mean?  I never "logged onto" any decoder.

Pe

kjlovesya

Are the people at QSI aware of this?   Does QSI have to change their firmware to accommodate the procedure?

From the open DCC forum:

Hello all,

there is a combined attempt from both Railcommunity and NMRA to standardize an automatic logon precedure for decoders. Starting back in 2018, new ideas were discussed amoung the opendcc community and in april 2019 a prove of concept was shown at Intermodellbau in Dortmund and convinced many vendors there.

Due to covid 19 there was a break in 2020, but now we are heading for the final spec. Hope we can go for a first release of the spec end of this year.

I'm just adapting command station and railcom occupancy detectors to bring up a working test environment.

best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Wolfgang Kufer
http://www.opendcc.de, http://www.bidib.org