QSI Silabs Installation

signalman11

All,

I have had success in installing the Silabs driver for the QSI programmer with the most recent Windows 10 OS. It took both the information provided in the original QSI Documentation found on whats left of the QSI Solutions Website and a YouTube video suggested by a good customer of mine.

https://shedaker.wixsite.com/shedaker/applications
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSEXVx9Pgx8

Using a combination of the information from both of these sites, I was able to get the Quantum CV Manager and the Quantum Upgrade programs to run. Thanks to all who assisted in this frustrating endeavor.

Tim Maslyn
Integrated Signal Systems.
Iss@...

bigfourroad

Thanks for that Tim.  Have a new lap/tablet running 10 and it simply doesn't respond properly to SiLabs.
Chris Rooney

Alex Stanojevic

Hi to all,
I just had my Silab driver re-installed under Win 10 2004 build. I run Acer Veriton PC. All QSI applications are functioning properly.

Regards
Alex

Tom K.

Thanks a million Tim!  I've been using the Shedaker documentation the last few years when ever Windows goes through a major update. My computer once again went through the update and this time it wouldn't let me continue with the Silabs install.  I was scratching my head until I read your post and watched the YouTube video. Sweet victory!

peterebherron

I have been unsuccessful in installing the SiLab drivers in any of my win 10 computers, signed in as administrator using the 3 workarounds recommended.  A friend who is a retired IT guy finally figured it out.  He successfully installed the drivers and software by using the command prompt (basic DOS vs Windows) to execute the .exe installer file, instead of Windows.  This bypasses the block Windows has on all the latest upgrades.

Peter

Greg Elmassian

All the instructions I have seen, and also on my site, is the procedure to allow unsigned drivers.

https://elmassian.com/index.php/dcc/specific-manufacturers/qsi-equipment/qsi-programmer-hw-a-sw

There's also 2 different drivers, depending on what generation of tools you are using... I'm using the older driver with the older CV Manager since I need the "engineering" menu for features that are not accessible on the current CV Manager

peterebherron

Greg, have you tried installing the drivers lately in a computer that has been updating Windows continuously?  My friend and I used your exact method from your website in two different computers with Windows 10 and encountered the blocking message.  Vinnie fooled with and found the only way around it was to use the command prompt.  Let us know what you find.  Thanks,

Peter

Alex Stanojevic

Hallo all,

I had the same problem. Would like to know the procedure with the prompt?

Regards

Alex

On May 4, 2021, at 08:06, peterebherron <peterebherron@...> wrote:

Greg, have you tried installing the drivers lately in a computer that has been updating Windows continuously?  My friend and I used your exact method from your website in two different computers with Windows 10 and encountered the blocking message.  Vinnie fooled with and found the only way around it was to use the command prompt.  Let us know what you find.  Thanks,

Peter

Paul B/Indy

Greg - I also note that you have Win 10/8/XP/Vista all mentioned, but not Win 7.  Please advise??

Paul B/Indy

On May 1, 2021, at 5:18 PM, Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:

All the instructions I have seen, and also on my site, is the procedure to allow unsigned drivers.

https://elmassian.com/index.php/dcc/specific-manufacturers/qsi-equipment/qsi-programmer-hw-a-sw

There's also 2 different drivers, depending on what generation of tools you are using... I'm using the older driver with the older CV Manager since I need the "engineering" menu for features that are not accessible on the current CV Manager

Greg Elmassian

Site updated, installs on windows 7 no problem...

Greg

ffbrehm@...

I found a way to install the drivers with the latest Win10 updates. I will send it to both Peter and Alex directly as it is a PDF.

Frank Brehm

Greg, have you tried installing the drivers lately in a computer that has been updating Windows continuously?  My friend and I used your exact method from your website in two different computers with Windows 10 and encountered the blocking message.  Vinnie fooled with and found the only way around it was to use the command prompt.  Let us know what you find.  Thanks,

Peter

Paul B/Indy

Thank you very much!

Paul B/Indy

On May 4, 2021, at 3:55 PM, Greg Elmassian <greg@...> wrote:

Site updated, installs on windows 7 no problem...

Greg

Alex Stanojevic

Thanks