Tried to Install USB Driver

David Bowman

Tried to install the USB driver on my Windows 10 pc.
Computer seems to be totally jacked now.

Tom K.

Have you read message #16373 and tried this method?  To the upper left of the Conversation screen you can do a search for this message thread.  I've used this method an was able to reinstall the drivers several times after Windows 10 updates.

adam starr

I just went through this and finally got it back to working.  I did use the message 16373 instructions, but it took me several tries...but I am not very good with computers.

 A few other  things.  First, I have been told that the serial to USB connector should be a good one and a poor one can result in sporatic connections.  I bought a Keyspan 19HS from amazon which has a unique driver for windows 10.  I had CV manager working with the older and lesser cable that just costs a couple bucks years ago at Best Buy but hopefully, the newer cable wi  result in a more dependable set up.

Second, I saw that you had access to a windows 7 computer. I would try downloading CV manager to that.  I had a windows 7 and CC manager worked very well for many months.  I have seen other posts where people are having better luck with windows 7 and 8.

And I have been told by several people that the automatic windows 10 updates can really screw up CV manager.  I have my windows 10 on a tablet now and have done everythung I can to make sure it can't get back on line.  I never had to worry with downloads when I was running CV manager on Windows 7.

Good Luck

On Friday, January 19, 2018, 1:34:38 PM EST, fly_rockets@... [QSIndustries] wrote:

Have you read message #16373 and tried this method?  To the upper left of the Conversation screen you can do a search for this message thread.  I've used this method an was able to reinstall the drivers several times after Windows 10 updates.

Lou

Why are you using a Keyspan adapter? The programmer hooks up to a USB port and the driver install takes care of the interface between the programmer and the software. The Keyspan may be adding some problems.

The only driver that I have been consistently able to install is SiLabs ver. 3.2.0.0. dated 11/1/09. Everything else tells me it can’t find a driver even when pointing directly at the driver. The driver install program doesn’t seem to want to do it either.

Lou

On Friday, January 19, 2018, 1:34:38 PM EST, fly_rockets@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Have you read message #16373 and tried this method?  To the upper left of the Conversation screen you can do a search for this message thread.  I've used this method an was able to reinstall the drivers several times after Windows 10 updates.

adam starr

Hi Lou,  A MR person I know that made a career out of computers suggested using the Keyspan 19HS adapter and I am relying soley on his knowledge.  I won't even try to explain what he told me since it is way over my head.  The usb to 9 pin serial connector I had been using worked with windows 7.  And, at times, I was running windows 10 with it also.  But it was constant hit or miss and we were looking for possible weak points.  I paid  a few dollars for the old USB/Serial connector 4 years ago and it did not come with any disc or download location for a driver.  It was just a cable in a box.

This 19HS took me to a web site where I found a specific driver for the cable (you still need the SiLab driver for CV manager) and the serial head is 3 or 4 times the physical size of the old one.  For $26, it seemed like a worthwhild gamble that it might help.  I have used windows 10 for several hours over the last few days this week with the 19HS and it certainly isn't causing a problem.

I was having the same, intermittent problem with the driver being loaded but CV manager couldn't find it.  I am not sure what I have done to finally get CV manager to work again, and am curious to see if I manage to keep it up and running this time.  If it stays opporational, then maybe the cable helped.

 Maybe someone who knows more about this cangive us more guidance.

Lou

Interesting. Thanks for that information. As long as it works then all is good. Take Care.

Lou

[...]

Dave,  any luck with getting CV manager working?

David Bowman

I did.
But still having issues with the USB driver.

Dave,  any luck with getting CV manager working?