Quantum CV Manager Version 1.02 and Quantum Titan U Version 8

David Bowman

I am about to delve into the world of the Quantum CV Manager for the first time.

Additionally I will be attempting this on a PC with Windows 10.

I also have a computer with Windows 7 and another with Windows XP.

Which computer should I attempt this on, the Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows XP?
Or, should I just bite the bullet and go with the Windows 10?

Quantum CV Manager
Version 1.0.2
April 8, 2007

Quantum Titan-U
Model#: 1100
Sound Set: 200
Version: 8
Build Date: 2/13/2012
Firmware Build: 1
Major.minor.build: 5
Manufacturer ID: 113

Train Install:
HO Scale
Proto 2000 Series
New York Central
Alco FA1 and FB1 paired together using one decoder.

Best Regards
David

Lou

Which computer is easiest to use where you want to program? Which computer is easiest to move the programmer to for work on  the engines? Which computer do you like using the best?

It really makes no difference, just your personal preference. Personally, I would stay away from the XP machine. It s probably getting pretty old and nearing the end of the hardware life and is slow.

Lou

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 1/18/2018 11:50 AM, 'Lou Venema' tpwillie@... [QSIndustries] wrote:
Which computer do you like using the best?

    I got a refurb for $100.  It's a Dell Oplix 760 w/Win7 and use it with JMRI & SPROG IIv3 only.  It's fast enough and probably will be for some time.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

David Bowman

I'm inclined to use the computer with Windows 10 on it.

Which computer is easiest to use where you want to program? Which computer is easiest to move the programmer to for work on  the engines? Which computer do you like using the best?

It really makes no difference, just your personal preference. Personally, I would stay away from the XP machine. It s probably getting pretty old and nearing the end of the hardware life and is slow..

Lou

I am about to delve into the world of the Quantum CV Manager for the first time.
Additionally I will be attempting this on a PC with Windows 10.

I also have a computer with Windows 7 and another with Windows XP.

Which computer should I attempt this on, the Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows XP?
Or, should I just bite the bullet and go with the Windows 10?

peteski7

Why do people automatically dismiss computers running older OS (like XP) to be slow?  It was plenty of fast when bought new!  :-)

Yes, the newer hardware (and OS) is much faster than a 20 year-old machine, but I assume that he wants to use it for running the QSI software, not play the latest graphic-intensive online game.  There is very little CPU "horsepower" QSI apps require.

If the machine is kept off Internet, XP machine will be just fine for most apps used for programming decoders.

I still have my QSI software running on an old XP computer, and even have a Win98SE machine dedicated to an old printer I use for designing and printing decals.  They are both plenty fast for their dedicated tasks. No Windows 10 on a Intel I6 needed, thank you.

Peteski

---In QSIndustries@..., <tpwillie@...> wrote :Personally, I would stay away from the XP machine. It s probably getting pretty old and nearing the end of the hardware life and is slow.

Lou