New products (small sound decoder)

peteski7

Since there has been a recent discussion about possible new products from QSI (at the Big-E show), I would like to know if there is any possibility QSI will produce a smaller sound decoderr?  Somethgint that would fit into smaller H0n3 or N scale steam locos?  I love the functionality and sound quality of QSI sound decoders, but since I model in N scale, the size of the current decoders limits my installs to only models with large tenders.  A smaller decoder would be most welcome.

In the past, on the QSI website there was a placeholder for a future N scale sound decoder. Several years ago (at a Big-E show) I asked Josh about it and he said that the project was unlikely to happen. But since Josh is now out of the picture, I'm now asking QSI directly.

Peteski

kelly dorf

Hi Pete

A smaller decoder for N scale is still on the table, and we do hope to address this market. Obviously the sudden loss of QSIS set us at QSI back a bit. Josh was a huge resource.

Thanks for your support
Kelly

peteski7

Hi Kelly,
Thanks for providing me some hope - I think I've been asking this question for over 10 years now. Or it at least ti seems that way now.  It was ever since I purchased the Walthers Y-6 (2-8-8-2) loco with a factory-installed QSI Revolution decoder. I was amazed with just how well it sounded and with its capabilities.  That decoder board was custom made to fit the tender. I now again have some hope that I'll be able to install mode QSI decoders in my other N scale steam locos.

Peteski