G Wire Receiver and G Wire Throttle...


mforsyth127
 

Folks, 


Have for sale BRAND NEW, NEVER USED, QSI G Wire Receiver, and NCE G Wire Throttle.


New in original packaging with documentation... 


Want $125 for the Receiver, $175 for the Throttle, sell as a pair for $275. 


Contact me directly at mforsyth127 at yahoo dot com.


Thanks,


MF



Nicholas Geti
 

Is this controller the one developed by QSISolutions for NCE? It looks like an excellent product but has it been discontinued with the demise of QSISolutions or has NCE picked it up? I would not want to commit to this product if there is no future for it.

Nick Geti


mforsyth127
 

>Is this controller the one developed by QSISolutions for NCE? 

No, this is the controller developed by NCE to be compatible with BOTH the QSI Gwire and the CVP Airwire receivers. The Gwire Receiver is no longer made, but the CVP Airwire is. This throttle can also be plugged into any NCE command station and as a fully functional ProCab.

>It looks like an excellent product but has it been discontinued with the demise of QSISolutions or has NCE picked it up? I would not want to commit to this product if there is no future for it.

(still a very useful device, see above). 

There is/was a slew of G Scale guys hollering for the mfg. of new Gwire Receivers, just about the time Josh was going down the tubes. He kept saying he was going to produce them, but never did. All the fellas that were sitting on Titan Magnums that wanted a companion, plug-n-play G-wire receiver, I have one available...brand new.

Thanks, 

MF


kelly dorf
 

Hi all:

The QSI G-wire has fallen back into the hands of QSI. I could certainly produce some if I knew how many a "slew" is.

Kelly
QSI


Kevin Strong
 

Without the large-scale version of the Titan in production (into which the G-wire receiver plugs), there's probably not much future market. Bring the large scale Titan (especially the 23-pin plug-and-play form factor) back on line, and your market for the G-wire receiver revives itself. 

Later,

K

On Nov 3, 2017, at 11:47, kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

 

Hi all:


The QSI G-wire has fallen back into the hands of QSI. I could certainly produce some if I knew how many a "slew" is.

Kelly
QSI


Nicholas Geti
 

I am into O scale so I would be happy with a wireless interface for the Titan-U. Power rating for my needs is much less than for LGB scale.

My layout will be outdoors where there is more room than a basement but still not as much as needed for LGB.

In my case ten wireless receivers would be enough. Why not offer a circuit diagram and let hobbyists design a PCB with a list of components and let users assemble the units. I know how to solder SMDs so that would not be so onerous.



Nick Geti


adam starr
 

Kevin,

Don't know if you started installation of the Titans in your O scale, but I installed 21 of them in a variety of steam locos in 2013.  I really tried to overheat the first install to make sure I was safe but it and the subsequent installs have worked fine.  I did remotor 2 older US Honnies locos. 

Good luck with the wireless 


Benjamin Shell
 

The new G-Wire board was produced, it's just that for some reason Josh never advertised it. It has an updated lower cost chip--the original was expensive and finally discontinued--and it seems to be available on eBay now:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Gwire-Receiver-Wireless-receiver-for-QSI-Decoders-/232414994165

Whoever is selling these seems to be from near where Josh lives, and it might even be Josh or his wife. But I heard from another member of this group that they ordered one and it arrived. But I have no personal experience with these so buyer beware.

Ben


On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 4:29 PM astarrnce@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:
 

Kevin,


Don't know if you started installation of the Titans in your O scale, but I installed 21 of them in a variety of steam locos in 2013.  I really tried to overheat the first install to make sure I was safe but it and the subsequent installs have worked fine.  I did remotor 2 older US Honnies locos. 

Good luck with the wireless 


kelly dorf
 

We at QSI have no knowledge of anyone producing this item. QSI owns the design, and we could make G wire receivers if there is sufficient interest.

Kelly
QSI


Benjamin Shell
 

Kelly,

That's interesting. Does the design you guys own use the HP RXM-9000-HP3-PPO chip? Because it's obsolete... Josh says it was lot of work to redesign to work with a new radio chip. I hope this redesign effort hasn't been lost.

Ben


On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 6:38 PM kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:
 

We at QSI have no knowledge of anyone producing this item. QSI owns the design, and we could make G wire receivers if there is sufficient interest.


Kelly
QSI


kelly dorf
 

Hi Ben:

No it does not use the HP device. QSI designed the replacement device for QSIS, which you found on ebay, but as far as I know, QSIS never placed them into production. I suspect there are only a handful of these (on ebay) in existence. Just my opinion based on what I know.

Kelly


Benjamin Shell
 

Kelly, wow, the mysteries of QSIS continue. Very interesting. Thanks for explaining.

Ben


On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 7:48 PM kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:
 

Hi Ben:


No it does not use the HP device. QSI designed the replacement device for QSIS, which you found on ebay, but as far as I know, QSIS never placed them into production. I suspect there are only a handful of these (on ebay) in existence. Just my opinion based on what I know.

Kelly


Kevin Strong
 

I had heard 2nd/3rd-hand information along similar lines—that there was a design for the new chips, there were problems, then a re-design which was still being tested but not yet put in production. That was a year or more back, but given the situation at QSIS at the time I heard this, the glacial pace of progress didn’t surprise me at all. I wasn’t going to hold my breath.

In the interim, Airwire released their 6-amp Convertr board. In my opinion, that board offers significant advantages over the G-wire receiver. I’d just go that route instead. The 6-amp board retails for $132, the 2.5 amp (suitable for many small-to-medium large scale locos) hits at $99. If QSI has no plans to re-introduce the large scale form factor of the Titan, how many of these receivers would they be able to sell? They’d be limited for use with existing decoders already owned by modelers. Perhaps if QSI has a stock of these boards and components and nothing else to do with them (and can bring them to market at a competitive price) it might be worth it, but from my armchair, it’s not something I’d put a whole lot of energy towards.

Later,

K


mforsyth127
 

benjaminshell@...> wrote :

>The new G-Wire board was produced, it's just that for some reason Josh never advertised it. It has an updated lower cost chip--the original was expensive and finally discontinued--and it seems to be available on eBay now:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Gwire-Receiver-Wireless-receiver-for-QSI-Decoders-/232414994165

>Whoever is selling these seems to be from near where Josh lives, and it might even be Josh or his wife. But I heard from another member of this group that they ordered one and it arrived. But I have no personal experience with these so buyer beware.

Ben, 

The seller lives in Josh's apartment. It's obvious that it's Josh that's selling these "unauthorized" new G-wire receivers. 

Last I spoke with him all the new design mods were DONE and tested, his builder was ready to go, but he was broke. 

I'm thinking that he was able to borrow the $$$ to have them produced, and is now selling them. Take note that they are listed as "Quantum Gwire Receivers" a violation of QSI registered nomenclature. And that QSI Oregon will probably do nothing about it. The auction says "7 sold, and more than 10 available". 

Lastly, the seller's name is "zeuszpringsteen" the name of Josh's heavy metal band. 

Again, I have a "real" one for sale if anyone is interested. 

Image result for qsi gwire receiver




MF   


kelly dorf
 

Hi all:

Since Josh has remained silent and is probably in debt, it is my opinion that QSI will not be compensated for the re-design, components, and any royalties that would be due from the sale of this product.
Yes, we in Oregon are paying attention.

Kelly
QSI