Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist

David Bowman

I bought a Proto 2000 FA/FB, both powered and in a consist with a single Quantum Titan U driving both units. The FA is connected to the FB via a plug. I managed to mess up the programming by trying to adjust the speed table in JMRI. I assume I'LL need a QSI Programmer to return the Titan to the factory defaults.

litespan46

Try a factory reset per instructions in manual. Btw I have a QSI programmer for sale no longer needed

Gene gleason

On Aug 5, 2017, at 1:55 PM, David Bowman dkbowman_1@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

I bought a Proto 2000 FA/FB, both powered and in a consist with a single Quantum Titan U driving both units. The FA is connected to the FB via a plug. I managed to mess up the programming by trying to adjust the speed table in JMRI. I assume I'LL need a QSI Programmer to return the Titan to the factory defaults.

------------------------------------
Posted by: David Bowman <dkbowman_1@...>

Yahoo Groups Links

Jeff Johns

Hi Gene,

How much for the programmer?

I am very interested!

Regards,

cid:image002.png@...

Dr. Jeff Johns PhD, B.Tech (electrical)

Email: jeff@...

Sent: Sunday, 6 August 2017 8:50 AM
To: QSIndustries@...
Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist

Try a factory reset per instructions in manual. Btw I have a QSI programmer
for sale no longer needed

Gene gleason
On Aug 5, 2017, at 1:55 PM, David Bowman dkbowman_1@...
[QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

I bought a Proto 2000 FA/FB, both powered and in a consist with a single
Quantum Titan U driving both units. The FA is connected to the FB via a
plug. I managed to mess up the programming by trying to adjust the speed
table in JMRI. I assume I'LL need a QSI Programmer to return the Titan to
the factory defaults.

Posted by: David Bowman <dkbowman_1@...>

Yahoo Groups Links

kjlovesya

David,

The JMRI Decoder Pro is very similar to QSI's CV Manager (software operated via either the QSI Programmer or via a NCE system).   A reset may not be necessary.

Did you to an initial 'read' of the CV in JMRI?   If so, did you save the file at that point?   If so, perhaps you can open that file and 'write'  the NMRA section of the decoder.

If not, perhaps you'll need to do a reset.

Those really are not the ideal solution.   The best solution is a separate Titan U for each unit.  Personally, I'd add a second decoder AND re-wire the connector to carry track pick-up current to both locomotives.  This re-wiring will help prevent stalls due to dirty track etc.

KJ

dockside98@...

David,

You can do a titan reset without a programmer, you need to;

program cv49 = 128

cv50 =  255

cv56 = 113

you should hear the decoder respond with "reset" (if done on the main) or when power is next applied if done on a programming track.

Ed Sauers

David Bowman

Will this reset restore the consist of the FA/FB units? -------------------------------------------- On Mon, 8/7/17, dockside98@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote: Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist To: QSIndustries@... Date: Monday, August 7, 2017, 5:27 PM David, You can do a titan reset without a programmer, you need to; program cv49 = 128 cv50 = 255 cv56 = 113 you should hear the decoder respond with "reset" (if done on the main) or when power is next applied if done on a programming track. Ed Sauers

Ed Sauers <dockside98@...>

David,

Cannot really answer that question without knowing how the decoder was originally setup, there is a way to set the default values for the decode when doing a reset but without knowing that info I can't say for sure that it will reestablish the consist or not.  Without knowing, it would be best to assume that the decoder would be reset to the original factory values which would not include the consist.

Sorry

Ed Sauers

On 8/13/2017 10:38 AM, David Bowman dkbowman_1@... [QSIndustries] wrote:

Will this reset restore the consist of the FA/FB units? -------------------------------------------- On Mon, 8/7/17, dockside98@... [QSIndustries] wrote: Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist To: QSIndustries@... Date: Monday, August 7, 2017, 5:27 PM David, You can do a titan reset without a programmer, you need to; program cv49 = 128 cv50 = 255 cv56 = 113 you should hear the decoder respond with "reset" (if done on the main) or when power is next applied if done on a programming track. Ed Sauers

David Bowman

I would assume it is technically not in a consist since one decoder is driving two motors. -------------------------------------------- On Sun, 8/13/17, Ed Sauers dockside98@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote: Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Re: Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist To: QSIndustries@... Date: Sunday, August 13, 2017, 6:11 PM David, Cannot really answer that question without knowing how the decoder was originally setup, there is a way to set the default values for the decode when doing a reset but without knowing that info I can't say for sure that it will reestablish the consist or not. Without knowing, it would be best to assume that the decoder would be reset to the original factory values which would not include the consist. Sorry Ed Sauers On 8/13/2017 10:38 AM, David Bowman dkbowman_1@... [QSIndustries] wrote: Will this reset restore the consist of the FA/FB units? -------------------------------------------- On Mon, 8/7/17, dockside98@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote: Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist To: QSIndustries@... Date: Monday, August 7, 2017, 5:27 PM David, You can do a titan reset without a programmer, you need to; program cv49 = 128 cv50 = 255 cv56 = 113 you should hear the decoder respond with "reset" (if done on the main) or when power is next applied if done on a programming track. Ed Sauers

Ed Sauers <dockside98@...>

David,

Yes, that would not be a consist.

Ed Sauers

On 8/13/2017 8:25 PM, David Bowman dkbowman_1@... [QSIndustries] wrote:

I would assume it is technically not in a consist since one decoder is driving two motors. -------------------------------------------- On Sun, 8/13/17, Ed Sauers dockside98@... [QSIndustries] wrote: Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Re: Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist To: QSIndustries@... Date: Sunday, August 13, 2017, 6:11 PM David, Cannot really answer that question without knowing how the decoder was originally setup, there is a way to set the default values for the decode when doing a reset but without knowing that info I can't say for sure that it will reestablish the consist or not. Without knowing, it would be best to assume that the decoder would be reset to the original factory values which would not include the consist. Sorry Ed Sauers On 8/13/2017 10:38 AM, David Bowman dkbowman_1@... [QSIndustries] wrote: Will this reset restore the consist of the FA/FB units? -------------------------------------------- On Mon, 8/7/17, dockside98@... [QSIndustries] wrote: Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist To: QSIndustries@... Date: Monday, August 7, 2017, 5:27 PM David, You can do a titan reset without a programmer, you need to; program cv49 = 128 cv50 = 255 cv56 = 113 you should hear the decoder respond with "reset" (if done on the main) or when power is next applied if done on a programming track. Ed Sauers

GRAYKE@...

What engines are these mostly?  MTH?  Lionel?  3rd Rail?  ... ???

David Bowman

Proto 2000 FA/FB

To: QSIndustries@...
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 3:27 PM
Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist

David Bowman

Life Like Products
Proto 2000

Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 3:27 PM
Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Quantum Titan-U in an FA/FB Consist