Message from QSI, Inc.

kelly dorf

Group:

First of all, be assured QSI is monitoring this forum, and we are also concerned. We (QSI), have also been unable to establish communication with QSIS. Our phone calls and emails remain unanswered. I want you all to know that QSI is alive and well. QSI Inc. is a wholly separate company from QSIS. Software engineering has been busy working on our latest decoder software. Now we find ourselves without a distribution outlet. We are spread so thin that even responding by phone has been difficult. We are actively looking for someone who wishes to operate an aftermarket QSI business. We are also continuing to work with our OEM partners.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

Bob Menzies <railscanner@...>

This brings to mind a saying written on a Conrail locomotive after its inception in 1976.... "same circus different clowns"....good luck with your decoder.... no one will sell them no one to service them.... cue Steve Perry of Journey fame signing "Don't stop believing' in the background.... fade to black.... thanks for the update... "Houston we have a problem."....

On Feb 4, 2017 6:29 PM, "kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries]" <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Group:

First of all, be assured QSI is monitoring this forum, and we are also concerned. We (QSI), have also been unable to establish communication with QSIS. Our phone calls and emails remain unanswered. I want you all to know that QSI is alive and well. QSI Inc. is a wholly separate company from QSIS. Software engineering has been busy working on our latest decoder software. Now we find ourselves without a distribution outlet. We are spread so thin that even responding by phone has been difficult. We are actively looking for someone who wishes to operate an aftermarket QSI business. We are also continuing to work with our OEM partners.

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

Nick

Kelly,

My last contact with Josh was 12/21/16. Just chatted via Google Hangouts. Was he at Springfield ?

Do you think he has given up ?

Regards,
Nick Kulp

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

-Thomas Jefferson

To: QSIndustries@...
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2017 7:29 PM
Subject: [QSIndustries] Message from QSI, Inc.

Group:

Kelly
QSI Operations Manager.

Steven Lansing

So does this mean that QSI Inc. is no longer able to sell their own product? How can the company continue to develop software for a product that they can no longer sell/distribute?

I'm not trying to bash QSI Inc. at all.I'm just trying to understand the situation better.

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 7:29 PM, "kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries]" wrote:

Group:

Kelly
QSI Operations Manager.

Bruce Francis

Kelly,
What does running a qsi aftermarket business in tail ?

Get Outlook for Android

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 4:29 PM -0800, "kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries]" <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Group:

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

Eugene Azzopardi <EugsStation@...>

Hi Kelly

I find this situation quite amazing, if QSI itself cannot establish a line of communications to QSIS, what hope is there for the customers and retailers etc. Even if you reestablished a distribution network, and I guess there will be a lot of legal stuff to get through before that can be done, it's going to take a very long time to repair the damage that has been done. This is not an over night event, many of us have been highlighting these problems for a number of years, with the only constant result being things kept getting worse. This should have been nipped in the bud in the early stages. Now we have a situation where the QSI brand is tarnished, this is going to take a long time to recover from.Many of us have invested a large amount of time/money into our sound decoders, so we will be thinking long and hard before we return and spend our dollars on QSI products. QSI had a great product that was leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, but they no longer hold that technical advantage, so you are going to have to provide something quite extraordinary to win people back. More range, better sounds, a warranty worth having and an awesome backup service. Currently you have none of these. It's a shame to see such a great and advanced product die for the wrong reasons.  Kelly I do wish you all the best in resurrecting QSI, I just wish something was done earlier, for some of us the ship has already sunk.

Cheers...............Eugene 

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 11:29 AM, kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Group:

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

Art

Kelly,
Why not approach Erik at Tony's Train Exchange. I believe at one time they were the distributor for after market QSI. They currently provide excellent service to their customers.
Another company you might want to approach is NCE. They are into decoders and total DCC systems and also provide excellent customer service. They provide a very good selection of DCC decoders, systems and accessories. The only thing they don't have are sound decoders and maybe they might be interested.

I too have been frustrated with QSI Solutions. QSI has the best sound decoder on the market but unfortunately the worst service. I have over 40 QSI equipped O Scale locos with no technical support when it is needed. It looks like most of the dealers that had QSI decoders are all out of stock. Fortunately I had a copy of the QSI 428 Manual that I downloaded and had printed and bound at Staples and can solve some of my problems, however ,recently it appears that the QSI solutions website is going to pot. Lots of problems downloading files.

Hopefully you can turn it around.

Art DeFazio

Group:

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

Anthony Hunt

Are you interested in an Australian rep?

Sent: Sunday, 5 February 2017 11:29 AM

Group:

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

Lou

Hello, Kelly.

I am not surprised about Josh. It has been pretty bad from the beginning and I think he was in over his head from the beginning. Sorry that the QSI decoders are not doing well. I like my units and wish I could get more. Besides the service issues I see one other problem. The decoder style needs an update to make the units smaller and work with the newer interfaces.

I think a turnaround could be made. It would take some work and the new unit would have to get out and meet people and demonstrate the product. They maybe would have to eat some bad decoders but it could happen with the right people.

Good luck with your problem.

Lou

PS: NCE could be the answer. QSIS would fit in where they have a hole, they have great support in place, they have distribution set up, they have in-house manufacturing, and they are great people to deal with. Also, Jim Scorse is a software guy too.

Group:

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

kelly dorf

Of course!!  We would love to have a presence in Australia.

Kelly

Bob Waldele

Nick

At least you know Josh is still alive – but small comfort to those of us who are sitting on several $100’s worth of decoders (and in need of help)

Would be nice if someone…ANYone…has any indication of what’s happening

bob.waldele

Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2017 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Message from QSI, Inc.

Kelly,

My last contact with Josh was 12/21/16. Just chatted via Google Hangouts. Was he at Springfield ?

Do you think he has given up ?

Regards,

Nick Kulp

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

-Thomas Jefferson

_____

Group:

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

jacob longanecker

I for one have admired what I've seen QSI do compared to others. I bought one some time ago because I wanted a sound decoder robust enough for the Bowser Challenger I was building. I will still use it and if the day comes it dies, it'll be replaced by another brand. I don't see hem digging out of this hole given the competition has leaped forward tremendously in the last few years with LokSound now the new top dog to beat. Quite frankly, I could care less about stereo if no one is selling or supporting them. Plus, there are newer options emerging every year for larger scale modelers so that niche market has competition where there was few and far between. I also wish them the best of luck, but I'm spending my money where I can get what I want and when I want it by someone willing to supply it.

Jake

Scott Mann <scott408@...>

Folks,

I just want to assure you all that as a manufacturer we are supporting our models with QSI systems in them. The new projects that are coming out are spectacular and should be up to the competition at hand. We will make sure that our customers can receive upgrade files and documentation when needed. We do not support retail sales of QSI decoders or service of non- Sunset Models equipment.

We are in direct contact with QSI at will and were able to get the new hardware and Q3 programming needed for our new productions. We don't see a problem going forward for continued service of our equipment.

You can email me with any of you concerns or questions regarding our past, current or future products at: sdmann@...

First time emailers will go through a 1 time spamarrest firewall.

Regards,

Scott Mann - Sunset Models Inc.

From: "Jake Longanecker jacoblonganecker@... [QSIndustries]"
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:03 PM
Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Message from QSI, Inc.

I for one have admired what I've seen QSI do compared to others. I bought one some time ago because I wanted a sound decoder robust enough for the Bowser Challenger I was building. I will still use it and if the day comes it dies, it'll be replaced by another brand. I don't see hem digging out of this hole given the competition has leaped forward tremendously in the last few years with LokSound now the new top dog to beat. Quite frankly, I could care less about stereo if no one is selling or supporting them. Plus, there are newer options emerging every year for larger scale modelers so that niche market has competition where there was few and far between. I also wish them the best of luck, but I'm spending my money where I can get what I want and when I want it by someone willing to supply it.

Jake

Benjamin Shell

Kelly (and Josh, if you're listening),

Just throwing a crazy idea out there, but what if the hardware were sold separately from the sounds, more like how Zimo does it?

It seems like Josh is incredibly good at recording sounds. I mean, every time I talk to him he talks about new sound files he's working on (and I try to remind him that customer support is more important than updated sounds... but he's just really passionate about sound!). So what if Josh (QSIS) could move to just selling the sound files? And QSI could focus on selling and supporting the hardware?

Taking it a step further, what if there was a way to for us to create our own sounds? (Again, like Zimo.) Most would not be as good as Josh's, so I'd buy his whenever available, but this would open up QSI to be used in locomotives that QSIS doesn't currently support.

Just a thought. I know I'd just really hate to lose QSI. Josh is super talented, but doesn't seem to be in quite the right aspect of the business for his passion. I know there are more choices in smaller scales, but I haven't heard anything that comes close in G-scale.

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 4:29 PM, kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Group:

Kelly

QSI Operations Manager.

Steven Lansing

Well,I sure hope we at least get another software update with the 'hinted' at new features regardless of the hardware distribution issues.As long time customers using the Titan decoders we deserve at least that!

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 6:24 PM, "Benjamin Shell benjaminshell@... [QSIndustries]" wrote:

Kelly (and Josh, if you're listening),

Just throwing a crazy idea out there, but what if the hardware were sold separately from the sounds, more like how Zimo does it?

It seems like Josh is incredibly good at recording sounds. I mean, every time I talk to him he talks about new sound files he's working on (and I try to remind him that customer support is more important than updated sounds... but he's just really passionate about sound!). So what if Josh (QSIS) could move to just selling the sound files? And QSI could focus on selling and supporting the hardware?

Taking it a step further, what if there was a way to for us to create our own sounds? (Again, like Zimo.) Most would not be as good as Josh's, so I'd buy his whenever available, but this would open up QSI to be used in locomotives that QSIS doesn't currently support.

Just a thought. I know I'd just really hate to lose QSI. Josh is super talented, but doesn't seem to be in quite the right aspect of the business for his passion. I know there are more choices in smaller scales, but I haven't heard anything that comes close in G-scale.

On Sat, Feb 4, 2017 at 4:29 PM, kelly.dorf@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Group:

Kelly
QSI Operations Manager.