From: QSIndustries@... [mailto:QSIndustries@...]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2017 12:07 PM
To: QSIndustries@...
Subject: [QSIndustries] Atlas OEM Titan question

Hello group,

  Atlas manufactured a Titan equipped C40-M Dash 8 and the owner brought some to the club.   Some members are commenting that they don't like the horn tones.   I have to agree, they are perhaps the correct horn notes but do sound dissonant.

  My question is, does the Atlas OEM Titan include "Horn Master"?   Can I change the horn sound?

Thanks,

Hi Lou,

  I've already checked via query of CV7.   It's a version 9 (point something) firmware.   The unit is OEM so no stereo speaker ability.  I think it does have two additional light ports available for a total of four.   I don't know if the OEM included enough memory to allow the additional horns.

Anyone else?

Gerry?  Kelly?  Josh?

KJ

g_pruss

KJ,

The most recent Atlas OEM Titan firmware supports Horn Master.

To find out if the firmware in your locomotive supports Horn Master,
have the decoder speak out (or read back in service mode) the CV55.1.SI CV's (Horn Type, Alt Horn Type, Horn Reverb Amount, Horn Reverb Distance) or the CV130.PI.SI User-defined Horn Component Pitch CV's.

If the decoder speaks out the CV number only (or the service mode readback fails), the firmware does not
support Horn Master.

Gerry Pruss
QSI

kjlovesya

Hi Gerry,

   Thanks for the info.   I'll give it a shot next time I'm at the club.

KJ