ATTN: QSI staff - Software/Firmware glitch inside

kjlovesya

Hello all,

  Like Tim (see CV Manager issue post), I too am having 'fun' with CV Manager.   I've just installed a new Titan U with the 1161 EMD 567 cab unit firmware pre-loaded.

  I updated CV manager to ver 3.1.0.7 and Opened a new file (with the appropriate unit selection mentioned above).   I then followed the options menu to allow manipulation of all CVs.

  As I'm scrolling through the pages I notice some anomalies.   e.g.  under the Sound Tab, CV 51.3 - The Special Sound Effects Enable offers a coal auger sound and a Lever Reverser, for my E9.   ????

  Further in I'm finding all kinds of fun.  e.g. I tried to select a new horn and every choice was some form of steam whistle.    ?????     Oh, and neither of them worked.

  A firebox light is shown as an option in the Features tab, for an E9.     I think there was something else too but I think you get the idea.   I'm doing this install for an out of town friend.   I'd like to get it running properly so he doesn't have to make extra trips.   Can you help?

KJ

Bob Menzies <railscanner@...>

Have the same issue KJ... it allows you to cut and paste when doing initial programming but you get the steam menu instead of the diesel menu. I bought some used Titans and they were probably programmed for steam . I wonder if this is a problem in the download process./Bob Menzies.

kjlovesya

Hello all,

  I've noticed another anomaly.    Double pressing F9 (in idle) does not put the decoder into "Disconnect".   Instead the decoder goes into "Shut Down".   Comments?

Gerry?  Josh?  Kelly?  Anyone?

Hi Bob,

  I didn't load the firmware (using Quantum Upgrade).   I am using a new, stock decoder, pre-loaded with the diesel firmware.   I did notice another thing which I'll mention in my original post.

Curiousity:  why did you not reply to my existing post (instead posting a new topic)?

KJ

Bob Menzies <railscanner@...>

Working my phone error on my part. Mine were pre-loaded steam by Josh

On Sep 3, 2016 9:32 PM, "kjlovesya@... [QSIndustries]" <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

  I didn't load the firmware (using Quantum Upgrade).   I am using a new, stock decoder, pre-loaded with the diesel firmware.   I did notice another thing which I'll mention in my original post.

Curiousity:  why did you not reply to my existing post (instead posting a new topic)?

KJ

kelly dorf

We will investigate this right away.

Thanks

Kelly
QSI

kjlovesya

Thanks Kelly!    I don't know if this makes any difference but I just did a query using CV64.   CV 7 = 9   not CV 7 = 9 point 3 point 2,   just "CV 7 = 9".    Looks like some dealer needs to update his sound files.

  I guess I'll just 'roll my own'.

KJ

Bob Waldele

KJ
it looks like Kelly replied "off list"  for those of us that are now somewhat confused at this point, what was his response?  is there a problem with the Titan firmware, the specific file that you loaded, or the CV Manager software?
isn't a V7 a Q1a file?
thanks.
bob.waldele