Tech question for QSI re: OEM decoders

kjlovesya

One of the guys at the club brought in a bunch of Atlas sound equipped Dash 8s, Dash9s and even an ES44AC.  They are fairly new models.  I tested the decoders and found they were QSI.

I queried (Program On Main CV64 = 7) one of the Dash 8 locos and found CV 7 to be version 7.

Can these locomotive be upgraded to version 9 firmware?

Are these locomotive decoders equipped with User Sound Record slots?

How many unused light ports do these have available?  (for Ditch lights, markers, etc.)

Gerry?   Josh?   Anyone?

KJ

litespan46

They are old technology . V7 chips can be upgraded if there are new sounds or firmware . But I doubt QSI has done anything with these chips in a few years. The other ones if they have v6 chips in them you can buy the v7 from litchfield station online

      Gene Gleason

On Dec 5, 2015, at 6:19 PM, kjlovesya@... [QSIndustries] <QSIndustries@...> wrote:

One of the guys at the club brought in a bunch of Atlas sound equipped Dash 8s, Dash9s and even an ES44AC.  They are fairly new models.  I tested the decoders and found they were QSI.

I queried (Program On Main CV64 = 7) one of the Dash 8 locos and found CV 7 to be version 7.

Can these locomotive be upgraded to version 9 firmware?

Are these locomotive decoders equipped with User Sound Record slots?

How many unused light ports do these have available?  (for Ditch lights, markers, etc.)

Gerry?   Josh?   Anyone?

Hi Gene,

  Do you know if QSI loaded any Titan OEM decoders with Version 7 firmware?   In other words, could these be Titan decoders that I can upgrade with ver 9 firmware?

KJ

Bob Waldele

KJ
the OEM QSI "Quantum" decoders are most likely the Q1a. there are V7 files that can be loaded, but you can't load Titan (V9) files.
if you are using CV manager, it can read out the specifric V7 file that is installed in the decoder.

i believe that there was a late production fun of Atlas units that did use an OEM variant of the Titan (i think it was referred to as a Titan-SD), but it was not a full-featured Titan decoder (ie., not stereo, no onboard sound library) and used V8? firmware (definitely NOT V9, and NOT stereo)

Q1a decoders have much smaller memory, but you may be able to cut-and-paste user sounds using the Q1a Upgrade program - i haven't done it, but there is probably someone out there that can walk you through the process

good luck
bob.waldele