Asymmetric DCC for braking/stopping

jazzmanlj

 This concept was introduced by Lenz and also offered in Zimo decoders to control auto braking/stopping on certain sections of track. Pretty neat!

Is this offered in QSI decoders? The manual I have is very basic and has no mention of this feature.

Len Jaskiewicz

g_pruss

Len,

See version 5.1.1 of the DCC Reference Manual, page 376, "CV 58.10.SI Power Conversion Stopping Distance",
and page 419, "Appendix VI Using DC Power Conversion for Block Signal Control".

Gerry Pruss
QSI

Doc Colin <colinseggie@...>

Hello Gerry ,
Good to know you are around and playing decoders. When I download a piece of literature from the new QSI site it is labeled with a seriers of numbers. Windows warns that this could be a potential problem. Is it? Can I ignore the warning?

Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 5:03 AM
Subject: [QSIndustries] Re: Asymmetric DCC for braking/stopping

Len,

See version 5.1.1 of the DCC Reference Manual, page 376, "CV 58.10.SI Power Conversion Stopping Distance",
and page 419, "Appendix VI Using DC Power Conversion for Block Signal Control".

Gerry Pruss
QSI

jazzmanlj

Thanks Gerry,

Where do I find the latest manual. What's on the site downloadable is V 5.1.0.

Len Jaskiewicz

Doc Colin <colinseggie@...>

Len I think its Nighty Night time over that side of the pond!
Go to the new site      http://shedaker.wix.com/shedaker
Doc Colin

Where do I find the latest manual. What's on the site downloadable is V 5.1.0.

Len Jaskiewicz

jazzmanlj

Thanks again Gerry,

I do see a difference between the 2 approaches where the Lenz system recognizes a voltage drop by a certain level and QSI looks for a total drop of either the positive or negative. Considering most of my decoders are Zimo I'll have to play around for a happy medium.

Len Jaskiewicz