Chip Reprogramming

Tom in Texas

I have a pair of older (version 6 chip) P2K GP9 chassises which were
configured to run with the long hood forward

If I purchase one of the new chips, can it be programmed so the lights
operate correctly when running short hood forward

Tom in Texas

Lee Wheelbarger <locomotive.lee@...>

Yes,

You can make them do whatever you want.

Loco Lee

On May 5, 2011 5:05 PM, <texpearson@aol.com> wrote:
I have a pair of older (version 6 chip) P2K GP9 chassises which were
configured to run with the long hood forward

If I purchase one of the new chips, can it be programmed so the lights
operate correctly when running short hood forward

Tom in Texas

John Lauterbach <lauterba@...>

Lee, I thought that certain designs such as the Atlas Trainmasters were limited because of the internal wiring on the locomotive. Running short-end forward as done by CNJ and DL&W in New Jersey cannot really be done even with series 7 chip. I know I got close after much programming, but as soon as the locomotive derailed, I had to reprogram it. Loco in question is Atlas CNJ 2410 with series 7 chip added when sereis 7 chip first became available.

John

> I have a pair of older (version 6 chip) P2K GP9 chassises which were
> configured to run with the long hood forward
>
> If I purchase one of the new chips, can it be programmed so the lights
> operate correctly when running short hood forward
>
> Tom in Texas

Lee Wheelbarger <locomotive.lee@...>

Hello John,

Yes, there are some limitations to the programming, but with a little work,
you can change the wires to change the directional lighting. So to be
honest, you can make it work the way you want. There is more info about the
board on the QSI solutions website. I have two of the TrainMaster
locomotives, and have made the change in those, as well as a few other
Loco's. It's not hard to make the change.

Loco Lee