Sound for Genset

Mammut <rockislandlines@...>

Whe Looking Forward and hope on QSI bring a Genset Sound !!

Manfred Fremo Member US HO Unna Division

Barry <barry_draper@...>

I'll second the request! Atlas is bringing out the Gensets and we need sound! So, if QSI puts together a sound set, I'll be buying QSI decoders. Otherwise, I'll buy LokSounds and start rolling my own.

Barry Draper

--- In QSIndustries@..., "Mammut" <rockislandlines@...> wrote:

Whe Looking Forward and hope on QSI bring a Genset Sound !!

Manfred Fremo Member US HO Unna Division

Josh Shedaker

Barry,
We are planning on recording a Genset in the very near future. We'll need to work out a new firmware set for it due to the special way that the prime mover works but it is something that we're working on.

Thanks,
Josh Shedaker
QSI Solutions

--- In QSIndustries@... <mailto:QSIndustries%40yahoogroups.com>, "Mammut" <rockislandlines@...> wrote:

Whe Looking Forward and hope on QSI bring a Genset Sound !!

Manfred Fremo Member US HO Unna Division

Roger Thomas <rogert@...>

Will be interesting to see what room will be available in an Atlas
Genset for a speaker. I expect that most of the body shell will be
filled with the motor, drive and weight since the hood height is
relatively low. Placing sound in a switcher is always a balance between
the sound components and pulling capability. May need to opaque the
windows and place the speaker in the cab.

Roger Thomas

<rockislandlines@...> wrote:

Whe Looking Forward and hope on QSI bring a Genset Sound !!

Manfred Fremo Member US HO Unna Division

Mammut <rockislandlines@...>

Hello Group

When I rev. the Genset , I will Etching Brass A-Frames for 2 Speaker
this it s the Best way for a good sound.

Only 1 Flywheel it to remove and I think a little milling work.

Manfred

<rockislandlines@> wrote:

Whe Looking Forward and hope on QSI bring a Genset Sound !!

Manfred Fremo Member US HO Unna Division

Barry <barry_draper@...>

Excellent news, Josh!! Whenever Atlas gets the Gensets out I'll put in a Quantum Rev. with a switcher set and wait to load up the Genset sound when you get it ready.

Barry Draper