Problems with Consisted QSI Locomotives on EasyDCC system

Tom in Texas

One of my friends is having trouble withconsisted QSI locomotives?using his EasyDCC system.?

The motor in the 2nd locomotive seems to cut out when the horn?(or sometimes another function button) is depressed

Tom in Texas

Roderick <idahosurge@...>

Try setting CV11 to a value of zero and see if that helps. If not then
there is a Yahoo group for Easy DCC, join that group and ask your
question and I am sure that someone can give you an answer.

Regards,

Rod

--- In QSIndustries@..., texpearson@... wrote:

One of my friends is having trouble withconsisted QSI locomotives?
using his EasyDCC system.?

The motor in the 2nd locomotive seems to cut out when the horn?(or
sometimes another function button) is depressed

Tom in Texas
http://webmail.aol.com

Tom in Texas

Setting CV11 to zero didn't help the problem and "application" to join
the EasyDCC list hasn't been approved yet

ROD STORER <idahosurge@...>

Hi Tom,

Sorry that it did not work out, you did change CV11 in
all the locos in the consist right and not just one.
BTW, it could just be dirty track and/or dirty wheels,
try cleaning the track and the wheels on all locos in
the consist.

Ya the person in charge of the Easy DCC group takes
his position of authority very seriously, I dropped
out due to that. This guy wanted me to add my home
town and everything else into my Yahoo profile and
this is stuff that no other group asked for or even
cared about.

Since my club uses Easy DCC and I use Digitrax Super
Chief at home I decided that it was not worth it since
other club members were already in the Easy DCC group.
Good Luck!

Rod

--- Tom in Texas <texpearson@...> wrote:

Setting CV11 to zero didn't help the problem and
"application" to join
the EasyDCC list hasn't been approved yet

g_pruss

Tom,

The symptoms of this problem lead me to guess that the
decoder is not receiving DCC packets in a timely manner
and is thus going into one of the two Fail Safe modes of operation.

If setting CV11 to "0" doesn't work, then try setting
CV29 bit 2 to "0", disabling Power Source Conversion.

For further information, see page 51 of the
version 4.2.0 DCC Reference Manual
http://qsisolutions.com/pdf/q-dccman420.pdf

Gerry Pruss
QSI