Eureka 620/720 railmotor set: Changing the horn (short / long )

Kelly Loyd <xrc1761@...>

Hi Folks,

I have searched the archives and I cannot find any reference to the
ability to change the horn sound on the Eureka 620/720 railmotor
between the short 'toot' (city) and the long horn (country).

The horn can be changed by using Function 11 and this works well on DCC.
However, the horn change does not remain permanent when the loco is
run on DC.

It is version 6 firmware.

Is there one of the Indexed CV's that controls which horn is used for
function 2 (output 4)?

Cheers,
Kelly

g_pruss

Kelly,

The horn can be changed by using Function 11 and this works well on
DCC.
However, the horn change does not remain permanent when the loco is
run on DC.
The plan for Analog DC was to offer an "Enhanced Quantum Engineer"
in which the function of one of the buttons was to be modified
to include selecting between Horn 1 and Horn 2.
Due to marketing issues, this "Enhanced Quantum Engineer"
has not yet been made available to the public.

Is there one of the Indexed CV's that controls which horn is used
for
function 2 (output 4)?
No, there is no such CV.

Gerry Pruss
QSI

--- In QSIndustries@..., "Kelly Loyd" <xrc1761@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have searched the archives and I cannot find any reference to the
ability to change the horn sound on the Eureka 620/720 railmotor
between the short 'toot' (city) and the long horn (country).

The horn can be changed by using Function 11 and this works well on
DCC.
However, the horn change does not remain permanent when the loco is
run on DC.

It is version 6 firmware.

Is there one of the Indexed CV's that controls which horn is used
for
function 2 (output 4)?

Cheers,
Kelly

Kelly Loyd <xrc1761@...>

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for the quick reply. We'll try to convince the owner of the
many benefits of DCC ;-) I think he will be happier it in the long run.

Cheers,

Kelly