No sound from an Alco RSD-15

Tom in Texas

I can't seem to get any sound out of the locomotive

Here are my observatinos

The engine runs on both DC and DCC.
I can change the address from 2 to 4 digits using OPS mode programming
I can turn the lights on and off with F0 when running in DCC mode.

I think I have pushed F6 enough times to wear out the button

I am able to reset the locomotive's decoder to address 03 with the magnetic
wand on my DCC track

I do not seem to be able to reset the locomotive on a DC track with the
magnetic wand

The locomotive doesn't seem to pick up power from the front truck

PTurvill <paul@...>

What about F8?

--- In QSIndustries@..., texpearson@... wrote:

I think I have pushed F6 enough times to wear out the button

g_pruss

So everything seems to operate correctly but there is
no sound.

Are the speaker wires intact and
connected to the speakers?

Gerry Pruss
QSI

--- In QSIndustries@..., texpearson@... wrote:

I can't seem to get any sound out of the locomotive

Here are my observatinos

The engine runs on both DC and DCC.
I can change the address from 2 to 4 digits using OPS mode
programming
I can turn the lights on and off with F0 when running in DCC mode.

I think I have pushed F6 enough times to wear out the button

I am able to reset the locomotive's decoder to address 03 with the
magnetic
wand on my DCC track

I do not seem to be able to reset the locomotive on a DC track
with the
magnetic wand

The locomotive doesn't seem to pick up power from the front truck

http://www.aol.com.

Michael Kish <michaeljkish@...>

I had a similar problem on my BLI unit, and found a defective speaker to be the culprit.

Suggest you contact them for a replacement.

texpearson@... wrote:
I can't seem to get any sound out of the locomotive

Here are my observatinos

The engine runs on both DC and DCC.
I can change the address from 2 to 4 digits using OPS mode programming
I can turn the lights on and off with F0 when running in DCC mode.

I think I have pushed F6 enough times to wear out the button

I am able to reset the locomotive's decoder to address 03 with the magnetic
wand on my DCC track

I do not seem to be able to reset the locomotive on a DC track with the
magnetic wand

The locomotive doesn't seem to pick up power from the front truck

Looking for earth-friendly autos?