Four digit address

cozyflyr@...

I have tried to no avail to set BLI engines to four digit addresses. I have an updated Chief and an DT400 and have tried programming on the programming track and also ops mode on the main with no success. any one have any suggestions?. The engines, as they are programmed, accept the address, but as soon as I try to set the four digit address, they revert back to the previous two digit address. Regards Bill Teeters cozyflyt@att.net

Jeff Warner <jeffrywarner@...>

Bill:

First, make sure you're in page mode (PG on DT400) for using the programming track.

One thing you can try that I've found... When programming with the DT400, program the 4 digit address, then MANUALLY update CV29 to the proper value instead of pressing "Y" when prompted whether or not to use it. For some reason, the QSI decoders seem to like this better than just pressing "Y".

In ops mode, did you follow the instructions in the BLI manual? You do NOT directly program the long address on these locos. There's a secondary CV that you update.

Jeff Warner

cozyflyr@att.net wrote:

I have tried to no avail to set BLI engines to four digit addresses. I have an updated Chief and an DT400 and have tried programming on the programming track and also ops mode on the main with no success. any one have any suggestions?. The engines, as they are programmed, accept the address, but as soon as I try to set the four digit address, they revert back to the previous two digit address. Regards Bill Teeters cozyflyt@att.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

denlippert <denlippert@...>

--- Jeff Warner <jeffrywarner@s...> wrote:
then MANUALLY update CV29 to the proper value instead of
pressing "Y" when prompted whether or not to use it. For some
reason, the QSI decoders seem to like this better than just
pressing "Y".

On the NCE-DCC list, we're surmised that the BLI chip can't (or
won't!) accept the new CV29 value WHILE IT IS SPEAKING the new value
for CV17/18.... which is why we end up having to change CV29
manually afterward.

These things can be tricky. A friend brought over three QSI locos to
our open house on Sunday. He'd tried (unsuccessfully) to program one
of them a bunch of times... with three different folks helping him!
(We got 'em done, BTW!)

Den

Pat Quinn <quinn1947@...>

Den,

This is a good observation.This is exactly why QSI implemented CV62
QSIControl (see page 112 of recent DCC Reference Manual).

People who are having problems as Den described
can eliminate them by setting CV62 to 0, thereby
disabling programming verbal acknowledgement.

Designers of applications like Decoder-PRO which try
to set QSI unique CV's which require first setting CV49 and CV50,
MUST set CV62 to 0.

-Pat
QSI

--- In QSIndustries@yahoogroups.com, "denlippert" <denlippert@c...>
wrote:

--- Jeff Warner <jeffrywarner@s...> wrote:
then MANUALLY update CV29 to the proper value instead of
pressing "Y" when prompted whether or not to use it. For some
reason, the QSI decoders seem to like this better than just
pressing "Y".

On the NCE-DCC list, we're surmised that the BLI chip can't (or
won't!) accept the new CV29 value WHILE IT IS SPEAKING the new
value
for CV17/18.... which is why we end up having to change CV29
manually afterward.

These things can be tricky. A friend brought over three QSI locos
our open house on Sunday. He'd tried (unsuccessfully) to program
one
of them a bunch of times... with three different folks helping him!
(We got 'em done, BTW!)

Den

Kelly Dorf <kdorf@...>

i think his enter key is stuck...........

cozyflyr@...

Thanks Jeff Warner, I was using the "y" and that must have been the mistake I changed CV29 instead and it worked. Bill T. cozyflyr@att.net

-------------- Original message from Jeff Warner <jeffrywarner@suscom.net>: --------------