K4 Headlight Problem

denlippert <denlippert@...>

--- "Greg Johnson" <greg1950@h...> wrote:

I am having problems with the headlight; it flickers nearly every
time I change speeds. Also sometimes it turns off and sometimes it
is on.
We had trouble with one where the back of the bulb/wires were broken
during assembly... Had to replace the bulb (used an LED and
resistor... which was a ROYAL pain-in-the-***.

Den

Bob Young <bob.young@...>

To: Greg Johnson

Confirm that the address that you are using for the decoder is in agreement
with the 'Speed Step' of the decoder. Locomotive lighting flickering with
speed changes is indicative of mismatched speed step assignment between the
command station and the decoder.

Bob Young
Clinton, Ontario, Canada
'Canada's Other West Coast'