BLI E-7 Bell?

Larry Rice <lrice@...>

Greetings,

A neighbor brought over two BLI E 7's for setup and initial testing on my
NCE system. One, number 500, worked flawlessly from the outset. The other,
number 512, has two imperfections...

1. Prime mover sounds cut in and out abruptly until the operator reaches
speed step four on any of my NCE throttles. In fact, the prime mover/exhaust
sound is almost completely absent until step four.

2. The bell sound is missing, though we do hear the momentary air noise that
one would expect upon bell activation. The bell was working initially, but
it "just went away" at some point. Repeatedly activating F8 mute isn't
achieving anything.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Larry Rice
Port Townsend WA

Eric Minton <train@...>

At 10:34 AM 2/27/2004, you wrote:

Ideas?

Thanks,

Larry Rice
Port Townsend  WA

Try the hard reset described in the book. the first GG1 I saw had problems with programing that went away with this proccess has worked perfectly since.

Mahalo - Thanks
Eric
Member
PRR T&H 1593
NMRA L05592

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Many E7s had these types of decoder problems. Enough that it's
mentioned on the BLI site to do a reset as shown at the back of the booklet.