BLI E-7 Bell?

Larry Rice <lrice@...>

Greetings,

A neighbor brought over two BLI E 7's for setup and initial testing on my
NCE system. One, number 500, worked flawlessly from the outset. The other,
number 512, has two imperfections...

1. Prime mover sounds cut in and out abruptly until the operator reaches
speed step four on any of my NCE throttles. In fact, the prime mover/exhaust
sound is almost completely absent until step four.

2. The bell sound is missing, though we do hear the momentary air noise that
one would expect upon bell activation. The bell was working initially, but
it "just went away" at some point. Repeatedly activating F8 mute isn't
achieving anything.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Larry Rice