Re: Torque Compensation only with Atlas QSI Versions?

g_pruss

Manfred,

My previous answer to you overlooked the most obvious: none
of the engines you mentioned have any motor control algorithm
running in DCC operation. All version 5 and version 6 firmware
have only Standard Throttle with DCC.

So having "access to the motor control
parameters in order to customize the decoder to a given drive train
and its individual manufacturing tolerances"
isn't going to help you, unless you are operating with
Regulated Throttle in Analog DC.

I assume you are operating in DCC.

For the time being you are stuck with only the standard NMRA CV's
to configure your engine's motor behavior.

I have thought a lot about the problem you describe
The BLI switchers are starting smoothly solo and do a jack rabbit
with a train load.
If I were trying to correct this problem, I would first try
increasing the value of CV#2 VStart.

With a loaded engine, set the throttle to speed step 1 and
then increase the value of CV#2 by 1 until the engine moves.

Does the loaded engine still do a "jack rabbit" when it does move?

Increase and decrease the value of CV#2 by 1 around the value that
makes the loaded engine move at speed step 1 until you get consistent
behavior.

Let us know the results.

Gerry Pruss
QSI

--- In QSIndustries@..., "digilox1" <digilox1@y...> wrote:

Gerry,
When trying a LL GP9 the same knocking could be heard at a lower
volume level. So I was wrong in assuming that Atlas is the only one
to have some sort of Torque Compensation.
But the question remains. Both, the Atlas and the GP are starting
smoothly solo and with a train load.

The BLI switchers are starting smoothly solo and do a jack rabbit
with a train load.

I would like to be able to have access to the motor control
parameters in order to customize the decoder to a given drive train
and its individual manufacturing tolerances, just as is possible
with
BEMF decoders or Non-BEMF decoders from TCS, NCE,...

Is there any way to user access this parameters?
The speed curve selection contained in CV25 isn`t all too helpful
in
this respect.

Thanks for your information,
regards,