Re: QSI CV`s 21/22 do not respond correctly.

denlippert <denlippert@...>

--- "Pat Quinn" <quinn1947@y...> wrote:

In our above example, suppose F0=0 (headlight off) for 3130 and
F0=1 (headlight on) for XX. The controller sends Function Group One
instructions to XX with F0=1 and Function Group One instructions to
3130 with F0=0. The QSI decoder turns on the headlight when it
receives the Function Group One instruction addressed to XX and
turns off the headlight when it receives the Function Group One
instruction addressed to 3130. Some non QSI decoders ignore
the Function Group One packet addressed to 3130 and consequently
their headlights do not flicker.
But... if the system is intelligent enough to know that a unit is the
leader of an advanced consist... "3130" and "XX" would be treated as
one-and-the-same internally (they are on NCE, AFAIK)... and it would
be impossible to get the F0 values to be out-of-sync between "3130"
and "XX".

So the decoder would see a pair of "F0=0" or "F0=1" commands... but
never a mixture.

I'm curious if this behavior occurs on an NCE system. My money says
no.

Den