Re: keep alive in BLI Cattle car

peteski7

Hi Mike,
Looks like you did figure it out correctly.  Here is my take on the circuit (which agrees with your earlier speculation).

Just to verify, take a ohmmeter or continuity tested and check whether there is a continuity (zero ohms) between the pairs of red and pairs of blue points (as shown in the photo). Also check if the capacitor's leads might be connected to the blue and red points. They might not be.  If the diodes are connected as shown then I'm pretty sure the keep-alive circuit can be connected to either of the blue and red points (diodes).  Red is + and blue -.  You could also power up the circuit and measure the voltage between blue and red. Should be around 12V DC when powered from DCC track.