Re: Wiring diagram for Atlas Trainmaster with QSI sound.

Alan Wightmore

Larry.
I just metered the track plugs. The 2 pins next to the capacitors go to one side and the other 2 go to the other side. Also the lighting voltage is 5 volts not 12.

Alan. 

On Sep 1, 2021, at 10:49 PM, ffbrehm@... wrote:

Larry,

The right side wires go to the rear or Capacitor end. In the files area there is a file called Quantum1Lighting_1_1_1.pdf that shows all of the connections. It does not show which wire from the trucks go to which pin on the connecter though.

Frank Brehm

From: QSIndustries@groups.io <QSIndustries@groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry and Marlene
Sent: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 6:27 PM
To: QSIndustries@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Wiring diagram for Atlas Trainmaster with QSI sound.

Alan:

Yes, the decoder is exactly as you describe.  That’s pretty much my understanding but on the two plugs used for track power, does each plug have a right and left wire or does each plug have two rights wires or two lefts ?  Make any difference on how they are orientated ?

Thanks for the help.

Larry B

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Wiring diagram for Atlas Trainmaster with QSI sound.

Does your decoder have 6 plugs on it?

If so the 4 pin plug near the large capacitors is the rear light (red and brown wires)

The next 2 plugs side by side are track power (black wires)

The next plug with a blue plug is for the motor (red and black wires)

The next plug is the speaker (red and black wires

The 6 pin plug at the chip end is the front light (green and brown wires)

The brown wire is the lighting common and the light output is 12 volts

I hope this helps.

Alan.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: August 31, 2021 10:37 PM
Subject: [QSIndustries] Wiring diagram for Atlas Trainmaster with QSI sound.

I’m new on this group so this question may have been posted or answered in the past.

I recently received a QSI sound decoder that came from an Atlas ho Trainmaster.

I have no wiring diagram or description of the various electrical connections and would like a diagram so I can attempt to install this in to a different Fairbanks Motive (FM) locomotive without fear of frying the decoder.

I haven’t had much luck in searching the usual web sites so, hopefully, someone here might be able to help.

Thanks for any assistance you could provide.

Larry B

Sent from Mail for Windows

Join QSIndustries@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.