Re: Q

I'm sorry to do this. But. What really happened is partially my stupidity - or ignorance. Yes, I do not understand DCC. I do not understand JMRI. I do not understand a lot of this stuff. Why? Because it's all related to a PC and PC's are not my favorite thing to be playing with. Most of the MR that I know of, do not get so involved in these idiosyncrasies of computers. With Digitrax/either the DCS50 or the UT4D, the whistle blew as it's supposed to - NON-latching. It was in JMRI that it was latching. So this thread was not what I should have been in. JMRI was the answer, but I didn't go to that forum either. I went to SPROG. And immediately received two solutions that either one would work. The problem was in JMRI, and actually had nothing to do with either Digitrax or SPROG. It is in JMRI: The easiest solution for those of you who might be interested and were following this thread: In the roster, In "actions", open "labels & media" simply uncheck "lock" by "whistle" and that's all. Of course, you then need to save to roster and write to decoder, etc. (This thanks to Peter Ulvestad!) So I apologize to y'all and in no way is criticism of anyone.

Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952