Re: Q

Peteski: When I said "hate". I was referring to the masses. Not specifically you. You "dislike" Digitrax, but still know about it and how to use it. Didn't you mention a club you go to that uses Digitrax? You say you like the latest throttles. I don't. I like my UT4D. It fits my hand, is easy to use, and I don't have any problems with it. Look at all the problems people are having now with the UT6D. And for those I mentioned that dislike or hate QSI. They are many. I keep reading comments by modelers of how they replace the QSI decoder. Almost always with a LokSound or TCS. To me, that's just unnecessary expense. As I said, spend $400 to $500 on a loco - and then, because I don't like it, take it out and replace it with another decoder that costs another $100+. LokSound and TCS are not cheap. As far as I can tell, Sountraxx/Tsunami makes about the best - for the money. However, even they are limited. And for me, I can't even begin to think about buying any more. Locos. Decoders. Even cars. My purchasing days are over. I'm working now on scenery and even that, is minimal expense. I have that non-sound Bachmann and have no desire to put sound in it. Not worth the effort. It's just a good piece of junk to use to test track or such. In fact, the 3 diesels I own are just useless otherwise. Steam locos are my favorites. And yes, I agree that the QSI is a good enough decoder to keep and figure out. The manual may be large, but it's better than the Bachmann 1 pager that don't even tell how to adjust the sound. I had to go to Soundtraxx to get info on it.
--
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952