Re: Q

peteski7

Morgan,
The manual I use is also v 5.2.0.  The function mapping in CV33 - 46 is specifically defined in the NMRA DCC standard, and it is the standard all decoders adhere to.
CV35 is for F1 and is supposed to be 04 for controlling bell.  Page 72 confirms it.
CV36 is for F2 and is supposed to be 08 for controlling horn/whistle (not sure where in the manual you came up with the coupler sound). Page 74 confirms this.

The other info you found (CV35=3 and CV36=17) makes no sense. These are unsupported values on QSI decoders described in the v 5.2.0 manual.
I never asked for any information about the coupler sound, and please just humor me about the bell sound.

I do have another place to check, but those are indexed CV registers (things get complicated), so you will need to use JMRI DecoderPro. I don't have it handy, so I can't give you step-by-step instructions.

You need to check CV53.3.0, CV53.3.1, CV53.4.0 and CV53.4.1.  If you can read those 4 CVs, let me know what the values are.
If you don't know how to access indexed CV registers in DecoderPro, I'll show you how to check them manually, but it is a bit cumbersome.  This is the stuff that makes manually programming complex sound decoders a chore.

Peteski

On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 10:24 PM, PennsyNut wrote:
And now Peteski: The QSI loco on the pt, CV35 is 04 and per manual relates to f2 the whistle. CV36 is 08 and per manual relates to f3 or the coupler. These two readings are what was in the original from JMRI. They have never been touched. i.e. Never changed.
Now comes my surprise. Background - I lost the original paper manual that came with the loco. But did copy on 8.5x11 paper the CV's. And that shows CV35 should be 3 and CV36 should be 17. So this is just another confusion to me.
And now to make matters even worse. In the pdf manual dated 8/5/15. Referring to v 5.2.0: Page 72 shows CV35 as for f1 and page 74 shows CV36 as for f2. ??? In other words. We have conflicting information. And all this does is confuse the heck for me. And you all tell me to RTFM. And I have written material for many manuals. I mention 8/5/15. I also have 8/4/09 v 4.5.0 and that shows the same as the 8/5/15. i.e Both pdf manuals read the same.
So at this point. I don't know what f1/bell and f3/coupler have to do with this situation. My simple mind tells me that the only problem is f2/whistle. So I respect y'all and wait for responses.

Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952