Re: Q

Marcus Ammann

Hi Morgan

Thanks for the details.

Thinking aloud as they’re all Paragons, is there something different with the way the Whistles works when pressing F2, as Morgan is seeing, I’m just curious.

Apart from that, I cannot offer any more help.

Regards

Marcus

From: QSIndustries@groups.io <QSIndustries@groups.io> On Behalf Of PennsyNut
Sent: Thursday, 12 August 2021 12:35 PM
To: QSIndustries@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Q

Marcus: I have 4 BLI w/Paragon 2, 1 BLI w/Paragon 3, 1 diesel, JMRI defined as "Tsunami Diesel Bachmann Sound Value". I have other locos that I don't use, or don't have sound. All the BLI are steam and are pretty much all programmed the same. No major differences. With the P3, I never noticed any differences compared to the P2s. The cheap diesel has limited CV's and was a pain to program. But once I got that done, I've left it alone. The only thing I use the diesel for is testing track. Otherwise, it just sits aside. The 6 steamers/5 BLI & 1 QSI are the sum total I have on the layout. My layout is designed so that all engines are parked on dead sidings until I throw the turnout for that siding. So, there's usually only one engine running at a time. I found it awkward to try running 2 locos at the same time. The UT4D is primary so that I can walk the 24' of layout with the engine. Turnouts hand thrown.
--
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Join QSIndustries@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.