Re: Q

I have to reply one at a time. Marcus: I define latching as when you press f2 and the whistle blows and keeps on blowing until you push f2 again. That is what the QSI loco does. On all other locos, when I press f2, the whistle blows and as soon as I release it, the whistle stops. That is NON latching. Correct? Or do I have this backwards? The opposite is what happens with f1, the bell. You press the bell and it just keeps on ringing. When you press it the second time, it stops. That is what I call "latching". The button latches on and stays on until pressed again. And that's why I think the QSI whistle was created backwards.
Now for all. My signature shows what I have. I have Digitrax. Both my DCS50 and the UT4D have only an f2. They do not have a "horn" button. If NCE and/or others do, that don't help me. So, please do not confuse me with what others have. I am confused enough as it is.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952