Re: Q

John Burkhardt

Morgan,

The key in your quote is “some systems….”, read NCE. You don’t have some systems, you have DIGITRAX where latching/non-latching is a function of the throttle setup. Only from the DT402 up could you chose the non-latching to be either F2 or F3, all other F keys are latching period, but to the best of my knowledge not on the DCS50 nor the UT4.

I can’t count how many QSI decoders I have installed or have/had in my own locos, but never have come across one that had F2 latching!

So I really don’t know where you get that from?

Thanks and warm regards,

John Burkhardt

South Africa

where the sun always shines,

and steam still reigns!

From: QSIndustries@groups.io [mailto:QSIndustries@groups.io] On Behalf Of PennsyNut
Sent: 11 August 2021 04:35 AM
To: QSIndustries@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Q

Peteski: Sorry to bring up this again. But: f2 for the whistle is a problem I need resolved. Was it you? that mentioned that f2 is non-latching. Not so with QSI.

I had asked about different buttons for f2 and "horn". I know horn is diesel and whistle is steam. I only have steam. Please read this from the manual. It specifically states that when f2 is pressed, it is latched. And I don't have a horn button/whatever that means? I don't have a diesel. That indicates that the "horn" is non-latched. So, I'm back to my problem. It's only my QSI loco that f2 is latched. All other locos f2 is non-latched. Is there any way to correct that? With it latched, it's darn near impossible to blow a short whistle sound. The finger can only work so fast. Just not fast enough. LOL So can someone help me out with this? It is a very frustrating thing with QSI - that don't act like other locos. I always thought that f2 was non-latched, but apparently QSI is backwards.
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

--
John Burkhardt
South Africa
Where the sun always shines
and Steam still reigns!

Join QSIndustries@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.