Re: Q

Marcus Ammann

Hi Morgan

The 440 page Manual describes the use of CV 64 under the Topic of “CV 64 CV Numeric Verbal Readout (Verbal CV Inquiry)” on page 406.

Read the topic for more details.

You don’t have to worry about CV 64 for your Status Report “speak”. The decoder announces the Speed in MPH irrespective of when CV 62 in OFF or ON.

This is how my Version 7 QSI equipped steam loco where pressing F10 announces the MPH it’s moving at.

For all of my speed matching, I use a home-made Speedo Car and adjust CV5 & 6 or use Speed Tables with JMRI, see how at:

http://mainnorth.blogspot.com/2015/07/speedo-car-for-speed-matching-locos.html

As for programming any decoder irrespective of brand, once you have an understanding of basic operation with CVs for Speed, Momentum, overall Volume, you can get the loco to sound and run as you want. Further adjustments to “tweak” your loco to have some fancy features like the Bell Frequency, this Status Report etc.  

A 440 page Sound Decoder Manual is dauting to many of us.

Regards

Marcus  

From: QSIndustries@groups.io <QSIndustries@groups.io> On Behalf Of PennsyNut
Sent: Wednesday, 11 August 2021 6:42 AM
To: QSIndustries@groups.io
Subject: Re: [QSIndustries] Q

Marcus: I understand exactly what you outlined to get speed in MPH verbally. I do have a question raised by you. You said CV62 should be 00 when I want verbal in POM. But CV64 should be 01? As I understand this, CV64 at 00 is off. And 01 turns it on POM. I guess I just don't understand a "verbal acknowledgement" is for. K.I.S.S. If I turn verbal on POM with CV64=01; does that do what I want? Leaving CV62=00. ?? So that I can then using UT4D, be able to get the verbal speed in MPH by pressing f10 as you described above. I am ready to try this. And to be honest, if this all works, I will stop asking about it. Promise! I do see how to change a function key as you described and that makes perfect sense. So, when I want to, can change f5 to Status Report MPH. If I remember correctly, the "Dynamic Brake" has no use in a steam engine. So, f5 is useless now, and would be a good choice for S.R.MPH. Is this now correct?
Morgan F Bilbo, DCS50, UT4D, UR93, SPROGIIv4, JMRI 4.24, Pennsy modeler 1952

Join QSIndustries@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.