Re: Q

Marcus Ammann

Hi Morgan

The 440 page Manual describes the use of CV 64 under the Topic of “CV 64 CV Numeric Verbal Readout (Verbal CV Inquiry)” on page 406.

Read the topic for more details.

You don’t have to worry about CV 64 for your Status Report “speak”. The decoder announces the Speed in MPH irrespective of when CV 62 in OFF or ON.

This is how my Version 7 QSI equipped steam loco where pressing F10 announces the MPH it’s moving at.

For all of my speed matching, I use a home-made Speedo Car and adjust CV5 & 6 or use Speed Tables with JMRI, see how at:

http://mainnorth.blogspot.com/2015/07/speedo-car-for-speed-matching-locos.html

As for programming any decoder irrespective of brand, once you have an understanding of basic operation with CVs for Speed, Momentum, overall Volume, you can get the loco to sound and run as you want. Further adjustments to “tweak” your loco to have some fancy features like the Bell Frequency, this Status Report etc.

A 440 page Sound Decoder Manual is dauting to many of us.

Regards

Marcus