Atlas Trainmaster QSI decoder problem

Maureen Haugh

I have an Atlas Trainmaster with a QSI sound decoder. The engine does not operate on either DC or DCC. Track voltage to the decoder is 15.7 volts. Bypassing the decoder with DC shows the the electric motor itself tests good.
JMRI does not identify decoder and is unable to read CV8. The specific response was, “Stopping due to error: No acknowledgement from locomotive (308)”. Other engines tested and diagnosis ran and tested correctly.
I suspect the decoder has failed. Anything else I should attempt prior to replacing this decoder?

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Frank